Thread: Dead Space 2 Camera Spin

Dead Space 2 Camera Spin

I newly obtained the computer edition of Dead Space 2 game. Just as the starting cut scene is above the camera begins spinning around the chief character and I cannot obtain it to stop. I have turned off vsync without luck. I have even unplugged my mouse and keyboard only to observe if they were broken or functioning well, no fortune their either. Anyone else receiving this kind of trouble? Or anyone have the solution for this issue? Please provide if have any information regarding this issue.

Re: Dead Space 2 Camera Spin

One friend suggests me to unplugged joystick, but it not functioning here at all, even recalibrated them to be certain. If possibly a dev could tell us how to utilize the joypad_example.txt establish in Documents\Electronic Arts\Dead Space we can adjust that to effort. I have attempted changing other settings but no achievement up till now. The other settings file is in AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\Dead Space. Controls.rmp and settings.txt if people wish to ensure them out. I am going to attempt with a spotless controls.rmp and again start on and observe.

I got mine functioning at the present, later than dragging both joysticks out without fortune I after that kept both Saitek P2900 and P3000 out AND after that detached its drivers for the mouse control and its lastly gone. People with Saitek installed programming software and drivers will proudly require doing this too. It’s establish in device manager Saitek Magic Bus, immobilizing these earlier didn't effort, had to uninstall them. Utilizing on Vista Ultimate x64, possibly other operating systems will require one or the other, or both as I performed.

I have a same problem. Unluckily, it is my mouse which actually occur it. It is a Sandio 3D mouse and Dead Space does not similar to it if you by chance brush next to one of the hat buttons abounding on the mouse. I thought the trouble was impenetrable, appears that it can be fixed with putting a blank txt file with the name "jp.txt" in the "My Documents\Electronic Arts\Dead Space" listing.

Installed the game previous night- came across the camera spin trouble - now know how to repair it while I get home from job afterward tonight. BUT, I cannot understand whether the "joypad.txt" repair will permit me to persist to utilize my Nostromo Speedpad n52 as a keyboard exchange (as I perform with every of my other games). Because of space and ergonomics restraints, I truly require to be able to utilize my Speedpad. I will discover on my personal once I get home from job (in about 7 hours) but until then, can anybody tell me single way or the additional if I will still be able to utilize my Nostromo later than the "joypad.txt" fix?

I'm having the same problem.

It's incredible that the 1st DS had this exact same issue, which was very common, and EA did nothing about it for DS2! Way to go EA!

So, is it "jp.txt" or "joypad.txt"? Can you confirm the destination folder?
    Last edited by tupera; 28-01-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tupera View Post
    I'm having the same problem.

It's incredible that the 1st DS had this exact same issue, which was very common, and EA did nothing about it for DS2! Way to go EA!

So, is it "jp.txt" or "joypad.txt"? Can you confirm the destination folder?
    If you want to resolve this issue then you will have to rename "joypad_example.txt" to "joypad.txt," which is found under "\My Documents\Electronic Arts\Dead Space. And after that change the below lines from:

Pad.RightStick.X = Z-Axis
    Pad.RightStick.Y = Z-Rotation

to

Pad.RightStick.X = None
    Pad.RightStick.Y = None

After assigning them, my problem was solved. Hope that works out for you as well.

angry Re: Dead Space 2 Camera Spin

Quote Originally Posted by mario2 View Post
    If you want to resolve this issue then you will have to rename "joypad_example.txt" to "joypad.txt," which is found under "\My Documents\Electronic Arts\Dead Space. And after that change the below lines from:

to

Pad.RightStick.X = None
    Pad.RightStick.Y = None

After assigning them, my problem was solved. Hope that works out for you as well.
    In my case, the folder location you mention is for Dead Space. For Dead Space 2 (with Windows 7 64bit) the location is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Dead Space 2

In any case, your solution did work (thank you), but it does give an error at the start saying there are duplicate entries and invalid entries. However, you can still play the game.

To solve the error issue, I just deleted both lines:

...and presto! Everything is now fine. This also solves the issue where the main menus go off screen.

EA better get their act together! This nonsense really is making me think twice about getting Crysis 2!

Im having the same problem, ive done everything you guys have said yet still nothing happens. Ive tryed unplugging everything then plugging one thing back in at a time but still nothing is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermack View Post
    Im having the same problem, ive done everything you guys have said yet still nothing happens. Ive tryed unplugging everything then plugging one thing back in at a time but still nothing is working.
    Have you tried calibrating your controller, assuming you have a xbox 360 controller. You might as well try it so go to start/search menu and type USB and select set up USB controllers. Then select you controller and hit properties then settings and then calibrate. If it doesnt fix then try the below method again:

1.Navigate to Dead Space 2 save directory which is Documents\EAGames\Dead Space 2

2.Rename the file joypad_example.txt to joypad.txt

3.Open joypad.txt with a text editor.

4.Change the values of the following strings so that they read:
    Pad.RightDPad.Left =
    Pad.RightDPad.Down =
    Pad.RightDPad.Right =

5.Save and close the file.