Thread: How long games are protected

How long games are protected

How does it actually legal, if you want to program, for example, an old computer game for another platform again. With old computer games, I mean like DOS games like Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Cosmo, etc. Can I sell these ancient games and any new program later? Actually regarding this I have searched on to the many of website but unable to get proper solution. So if you guys have any suggestion regarding this then please share it.

Re: How long games are protected

Actually I know something about the Germany and their Copyright protection is valid until 70 years after the death of the last who has taken part in the game. Simple that you are an expired copyright protection of a German computer game will find is impossible. Other countries have sometimes an even longer-lasting copyright notice. In your place I would ask the developers to, because there are chances of at least higher than 0. And after this I will inform you over here.

If a game is completely reprogrammed and used custom graphics, this is not a violation of copyright law! And in Europe there are already no software patents. It is perfectly legitimate for a clone to write and distribute. As far as I know. Because the name and the acts are protected. Ok, I do not know now whether that falls under copyright or intellectual property rights, or maybe something completely different, but it is protected at all costs. Ok, being a clone but again not necessarily also includes the name. So this much information I get from the website. And I hope this will help you in order to get solution for your query.

Now there are already copies of old Dos games. And the reconstruction is based on Java Completely restructured, but the graphics are different and the name is Anders. Gameplay and action have remained essentially the same. I think this falls under the GNU / GPL.Then there is a replica of the original Dungeon Master and this is base on to the technical program which has been changed so that it runs on modern Windows, action, graphics and gameplay are still the old one. And that does not fall under a Creative Commons license or the GNU / GPL licenses. But the game can free download and play on his computer. So my opinion about the whole situation that It's best to ask the game developers at times and let you enter as a consent form. Do not you; you may distribute the game as a revenue source to see for money.

Other great open source project settlers are back to the roots and the developers have set a goal, one of the best games in the Settlers series fit to make way for newer computers. You have it the whole game reprogrammed and integrates new features, without changing the graphics of the game. At last you can be good S2 play on the network, finally, you can adjust the resolution of your monitor. Initial difficulties with BlueByte are now well clarified, especially because you need to install the original game.