Thread: MNC: Command Line Support for Dedicated Servers Update 3 Features

MNC: Command Line Support for Dedicated Servers Update 3 Features

Hey guys I am posting this thread to help all those who are currently facing the problem of the dedicated server with the Monday Night Combat, All the gamers are please requested to post the problems that are been faced by them while running Dedicated Servers through a command line. This has been specially done to inform the Microsoft Games Studios about what are the drawbacks of the game and what has to be done to overcome them. Please feel free to post your problems as I think that this would be the only way such that we will be able to get all the defects of the game solved.

Re: MNC: Command Line Support for Dedicated Servers Update 3 Features

I have installed and loaded my game with the help of the following codes with the help of the command lines
    Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    echo Protecting MNC from crashes...
    title MNC watchdog
    :MNC
    echo (%date%) (%time%) MNC DS started.
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\Binaries\Win32"
    MNC.exe Server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=False?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bCustomGame=True?NumPublicConnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=16?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bUsePeerNetwork=True?bCreateHost=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresenceFriendsOnly=False?bUsesArbitration=False?bAntiCheatProtected=True?bIsDedicated=True?OwningPlayerName=Nastjuid?PingInMs=0?MatchQuality=0.000000?GameState=OGS_NoSession?MapName=0?MatchDuration=4?OTDuration=0?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=2?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?ServerDescription="West Coast Durp" -log=DedicatedServer.log -SeekFreeLoading
    goto MNC
    The problem is that there are just limited number of people that can be set to join the server at any given time. I tried my own knowledge by changing the open connection options to 16, think that the server would make more people connected to the server at the same time but it didn’t happened . I hope that there could be some way or the other that the developers try to implement to make more people access the server at the same time.

While using this Monday Night Combat game I have found that the console is very complex to use as compared to the other that were available in all the previous game that I have played. Also one of the thing that I didn’t like was that there was no option so as to restrain messages that aren't in the important stream like the log messages. So I think that this would be the other that the developers surely have to think about in making any update to the game in the near future.

When I had started playing this game I had many features unknown and it was quite confusing to play the game as for now I have got most troubles sorted out except for one box that wont launch, I have tried many things but still no response from it. Also I would like that if the steam running option got cancel because the boxes hosted in Data centers leave remotes desktop open and gets directly logged in to steam. This makes very difficult for us to run the game. Also it would be good for all of us to have the settings options in the config or ini file also so that we can also change and modify the settings that we want.

I am having a problem with the command line prompt as I am trying to launch the dedicated server on Win7 32bit. I got the command line by starting a dedicated server locally and then looking at the Init: Command line:" value in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Logs\DedicatedServer.log
    The server stated smoothly without any problem, but as soon as the first individual tried connecting to the server got stuck on the startup screen, and after that all the connection attempts for the rest of the individuals prompted error saying that "Could not connect to host". Also to launch the server we even require to be logged in to the steam. These things should be addressed by the developers of the game.