Thread: Developing a gaming program using c language in linux mint

Developing a gaming program using c language in linux mint

I am trying to develop a game using c programming language. I am doing the entire coding part while one of my friends is doing the graphical part. Well I want to know is there any method with which I can combine both the methods. I am not a experienced programmer with only 3 months experience in this field. I want a good IDE for the gaming design. So do you have any idea which IDE will perfectly suit the bill. So if you are having any idea related to this programming then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Developing a gaming program using c language in linux mint

According to me you must go with the simple direct media player. The main feature of such program is that it is that it has the cross platform support. So there is no need to worry about the compatibility issue. Upon that you are a c programmer and this program is entirely built on the c++ program. So you will not be having any problem during the programming. This program is used for the development of various games like call to power. So I would advise you to get this particular program installed in the system. This one is definitely not going to disappoint you.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestion. Well I did have a look at this particular program and it was not the program that I was looking for. So that really did not help me much. So if you have any other programs that can help me then do let me know. As per as my research In the internet then I did try with some other programs like darkbasic and also geany. I thought geany was the best of all the listed. So I am going with the geany program. Also if you are having some simple programs that can help me in understanding then do share it with me.

According to me you must try with the java programming rather than going with the simple c programming. If you want the source of the codes then you can have a search in the internet and you will be getting all types of code that are designed with the help of simple c programming. So do try searching the internet and you will get the necessary details there. Why I am specifying on the word java programming because it will provide you more features and will give your gaming experience more depth and also the compatibility support to run in all the platforms.

If you would like to continue with the java programming then I would advise you to go with the jmonkeyengine. This particular program is based entirely in java programming. So in order to develop a good gui it would be very useful. So you can try using this particular program. It will help you in developing good graphics for the gaming and is based entirely on java. If you are not a good programmer in java then also it will provide you with the user-friendly tools that will make your job much more easier. So if you are having some knowledge about the java and want to develop some good graphics for the game then you can definitely go with it.