Thread: “Play to” feature for PlayStation 3 and Windows 7

“Play to” feature for PlayStation 3 and Windows 7

I newly setup Windows 7 and I required utilizing its features to converse with my PS3. I utilized the java program "PS3 Media Server" but I required seeing how fine Windows Media Player 12 works. Even though I shared my library utilizing the home group feature, the PS3 interface said I had to index the tool. On the other hand the trouble was that Windows 7 would not perceive my PS 3 although my computer and my PS 3 were associated to the similar wireless network. While I attempted to carry the network map below the Network and Sharing Center, it said that Windows cannot find out any PC or device. I made certain Network detection was twisted on below advanced sharing settings. On the other hand, my Norton Internet Security could discover the PS3 below its personal "Network map" feature. I handle to permit every device to stream from my computer and lastly afterward the PS 3 interface could read my media library from my computer. But because I cannot observe the PS 3 as a remote device, the "play to" feature does not exist. Any suggestion how I can formulate my PS 3 discoverable?

Re: “Play to” feature for PlayStation 3 and Windows 7

I have some information or some helpful details which may help you to solve your issue. First, confirm if the streaming is by chance shut down, you may pass on the Microsoft website and facilitate the streaming alternative in Windows Media Player. As well you may attempt to momentarily immobilize Norton and ensure if you can get the alternative to play to and play it on your Play Station 3. Wish the over information assists.

1. I appear to memorize considering my PS3 show up as a dissimilar tool name in my network. I will seem into this while I can. But for present, observe if the Network and Sharing Center shows it as a few additional Networked Device name or type and attempt tapping that.
    2. Sony's site has been truly helpful to me for every sort of things linking networking and my PSP and PS3, if you have not ensured there, be certain to end by and dig around for it.
    3. The PS3 supports DLNA. On the other hand, the excellence of that support is top while you have efficient your PS3 to the most recent firmware or software revision. Be certain to do that if you have not previously.
    4. Have you attempted the IP address of the PS3? I think that can be analyzed someplace in the system settings or networking parts of the left hand column of the XMB.

I know the additional way is simple as tart: any machine with Media Sharing is immediately noticeable to my PS3 and simply working. So definitely we will be able to discover you a method for it to go from the PS3 to your Windows 7 machines. Hope this is useful to you. I will post another time if I can discover something extra.

I have restructured to the most recent firmware 3.0.1. I have as well attempted disabling Norton. I can ping the address of my PS 3 but I did not make out of a way adding the address of my PS3. A motivating thing is that while I go to Network and Sharing- Media streaming alternatives I just see my Library below "Show Device on Local Network". On the other hand if I toggle to "Show Devices on every network" I perceive an "unknown Device" with the MAC address of my PS 3 but I can just permit or prohibit it to access my media library on my computer. I cannot recognize it as the PS3 and play things to it. Do I have to setup a driver of a few sorts? And yes, Sonic Spike, the other way around is simple as tart and I have handled to find it working. On the other hand while I browse my music files below XMB it is occasionally slow and lethargic. Music and videos stream effortlessly though no stop frames or uneven audio. Just the browsing is somewhat irritating.

Thus far I think the SONY PS3 firmware does not hold up MDLNA 1.5 since I attempted every probable ways and the PS3 does not show as a tool in Windows Media Player 12. Newly, I came across one more base and cannot view my whole music library above the PS3 because of something which seems like a timeout error: "A DLNA protocol error has toke place”. Now I can just analysis the playlists so I play stuff from there. Movies and pictures work well, even though there are not as lots of folders as there are in my music library. In the history I was able to sight all my music in excess of the PS3 at one time but I don't know what occurred. This could be one of three things
    1. A strange name or character in one of the songs in my library
    2. The figure of folders augmented considerably as I added extra artists and possibly surpassed a few limit
    3. I modernized to the most recent firmware.