Thread: Ubisoft removes DRM protection to play games offline

Ubisoft removes DRM protection to play games offline

I am having one question in my mind which i come to know while surfing online. I come to know that now if we wanted to play the UBISOFT game in offline mode then we only have to install a patch developed by the UbiSoft that will allow us to play the game in Offline mode. It does not require any kind of Internet Connection for same. So if you are having any idea about this news then let me know whether this is possible or not. If possible then where will i get the Patch for same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ubisoft removes DRM protection to play games offline

Yes you are right about the same i have also come to know about the same news on most of the site. Surely everyone remembers the question Ubisoft DRM protection. Those requiring a permanent connection to the Internet to certify that a game is original. Well, it seems that Ubisoft, silently, withdrew the DRM of Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell Conviction. Since then only need an Internet connection when launching the game. So now you can play the Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell Conviction without having Internet Connection also.

It is a normal measure, the strange thing is that still require Internet connection each time the game is released which is absurd, because once the game is pirated would remove these protections. With Tom Clancy's HAWX two are currently working very well, came out in early November and have not yet managed to bypass the protection. I do not think sales have increased although the game does not lend itself to it, is not a assassins creed. In line with this, and since both consoles are pirated with relative ease, as consistent by ubi would first launch the PC version with its fantastic DRM and a month or 2 months to launch it in console.

Ubisoft has finished listening to numerous complaints from users around the world and has decided to reverse one of the most criticized features of the system of copyright protection that caused so much controversy with his arrival last 2010. One of the characteristics of so-called DRM, until now, the fact that the user had to be necessarily connected to the Internet to play the titles even though they had no online component whatsoever.

Nevertheless, what has not been eliminated is having to be connected to the network to validate the title for the first time, a fact that after being confirmed, release the player to stay connected while moving through the main campaign game. So far titles like Assassin's Creed 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction has already been confirmed as some of those who no longer have this hated by the players feature.

I, the truth is that although I am completely against DRM and such, because it is more an inconvenience than anything else, if he were working for a company that depends on sales of a game, and knowing that the first months of sale even the first few weeks or days are crucial, I understand that trying to put all possible obstacles for a game can not be hacked.

While the game is not pirated, the only way to achieve this is by buying original BUT, once the game has been pirated, and you know that copies are out there running at 100% without the constraints of the original, I think it's completely counterproductive for the company to continue to maintain such protection in the game, all you get with it is to demonstrate that it is easier to play with the pirated copy with the original.

From a business standpoint, I understand they have a DRM while the game is not pirated, but once hacked and unprotected, they should completely remove the protection, not to pull back to potential buyers who may opt for the pirated version if the original is all I get pissed off with the guards

ubiSoft Should completely remove the verification. It is true that nowadays everyone has a connection, but if some reason this does not work, either breakdown or change of aircraft and such, do not see why a game is completely offline and the need to require AC2 .Well, I still do not like, I will not buy a game that is not going to work without internet. Fortunately, few games interest me ubi, and the few that is bought for the console.