Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator X cannot run on Windows 7 64 bit

Microsoft Flight Simulator X cannot run on Windows 7 64 bit

I really do not know if I will be able to play this game on Windows 7 64 bit. Well that is the only question that is left in my mind. I really enjoy playing the Simulator games but I cannot get this one running on the Windows 7 on my system here. Please can you all here can help me in getting this working in the right manner here. I want to know if I will be able to play this game with the highest possible settings here. I have seen that it can be played on the Windows XP pc with the medium settings and I thought that it will work in a great manner on Windows 7; but I am not at all able to see this happening here and hence anything in this matter will be really appreciated here. Please let me know about the same here.

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator X cannot run on Windows 7 64 bit

Well I think that the game that you are trying to play is the older one and let me tell you that you will find difficulty in playing it here. Well some of the older games can be played on Windows 7 but there are games that yet cannot be played on this new operating system here. It will be better if you can try to enjoy the latest games that are available and see for some patches to be released so that you can enjoy the older games on the new operating system here. If you will try to run the game on this new operating system there are chances that you might end up installing it but you will not be able to play it that efficiently. So I would suggest you that it will be simply great if you can just wait for some patches to be released.

First of all let me tell you that the minimum requirement for playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X is as follows:
    • Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista
    • Processor: 1.0 Ghz
    • RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
    • Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible

Please see if you are not missing on this with respect to Windows 7. I mean to say that if you are using Windows 7 then the Processor Speed should be 2 GHz or more and in the same respect the RAM should be minimum of 1 GB. Please see if you are not missing on these things here. First of all do all this things here and then let me know if what I have said was really the thing there.

Looking at the specification and the minimum requirements I am of the opinion that you must have this Game running on your system and if you are not able to have this running in the proper manner then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can go with the installation of the Game again and see if this time you are able to play the game in full settings enabled. If you will not be successful then I would suggest you to see if you can get the Graphic Drivers installed and then play the game here. Try this and let me get notified about the same.

You have the Windows 64 bit running on your system there then let me tell you that you will be able to get this thing running if you can find the 64 bit drivers for the Graphic Card of yours. Well that is the only thing that I am of the opinion that can help you in enjoying the Microsoft Flight Simulator X game here. Yes let me tell you that you will have to take care of the System requirement; please see that you have enough RAM here so that you may not get caught with the issues related to RAM here. Go to the Official Site of the Graphic Card that you have installed on the System and then see if you can find the 64 bit match driver there. Also in the mean time try to run the game with the minimum settings and see if it is getting crashed.

You will be able to enjoy this game on your Windows 7 but let me tell you that enjoying it with highest settings; I do not think that it will be at all possible here. This game Microsoft Flight Simulator X is the game for Windows XP and Windows Vista and hence let me tell you that if you want to get this run you can try to run it in the compatible mode. Just right click on the .exe file and select the Properties. Then as you have mentioned that you are running Windows 7 64 bit; you can select Windows Vista 64 bit and then can run the Game in that mode. Hope that you will be able to get the game running with this compatibility. Please let me know if this is really the thing that is going on here. Try this and enjoy the game.