Thread: Is it possible to permanently fix the Red Ring of death?

Is it possible to permanently fix the Red Ring of death?

I am having an xbox 360 and using it from last couple of years and also it is serving me the best up till now. But recently I am getting the RROD on the gaming system that is nothing but I am getting the Red Ring of death on the gaming console. Please help me in this case and also let me know is there is a way that will help me to permanently solve this issue. I want to fix this problem as soon as possible because it has frustrated me a lot.

Re: Is it possible to permanently fix the Red Ring of death?

Well according to you can easily fix this issue by soldering which is also called as with the help of towels. Now what you have to do here is that remove the motherboard from the case and there you will find the 3 Torx8 in that one is cancelled with the help of white light diffuser than slightly you have to remove the switch with the cross mark now just flip the motherboard you will find two cross marks side by side so remove one which is of metal and then apply thermal pasting on it and later on just put the same back and again connect the board in the case and see whether the problem arises or not.

I think I can help you in this case to fix the RROD and that to without soldering and toweling. So what you have to do here is that just with the help of screws and washers. Actually it the problem cause to due to intensive heat so you can reduce the heat with the help of the washers. I am sure that it will help you out because to reduce the heat it is the cheapest way and that to replacing the heat sink.

If I am not wrong then the red light of death is caused due to overheating in the Xbox’s system. And to reduce the same you have to use the heat sink material that will help you to reduce the heat. I was also facing the same problem a few days back and got it fixed by just changing the heat sink. I thing the heat sink of the Xbox 360 that you have is not working as per its standards. So what you have to do is replace the same with the new one and I assure you that changing it will definitely help you to solve the problem.

The best way to solve the case it to contact the service provider or you can say that the customer support of xbox360 and place the complaint over there and let them know the exact problem that you are facing. So just visit the customer support nearby and do the same thing. I hope that they will cooperate with you and also will help you to solve the issue of RROD.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back and I think that you are also going through the similar phase and the only solution that I find that will help you here is reducing the heat form the xbox 360 system. The main reason for the RROD to come is the increase in heat and somehow you have to reduce it. And to do the same you have to use the heat sink materials or extra fans on the board.