Thread: XBOX 360 extender : Cannot load media library from my desktop

XBOX 360 extender : Cannot load media library from my desktop

Present home setup is wireless N network with Microsoft Windows 7 desktop straight connected to router and wireless N adapters for my Windows 7 laptop and XBOX 360. Had earlier trouble with corrupted file in my music library on desktop so removed the whole thing, shaped novel library pointing to one folder and reloaded my music tracks. Trouble currently is while I start Media Center on my XBOX 360 and go to music library and choose my desktop below shared receive the below message: There are no items in this library up till now. Windows Media Center is searching for media files in the background. To insert additional music, you can go to Tasks-Settings-Media Libraries.

Re: XBOX 360 extender : Cannot load media library from my desktop

I also have the same problem. And Actually I attempted that with no joy. Went back to desktop, uninstalled extender and reinstalled it again. Here is the interesting part. While I navigate my XBOX 360 dashboard to Video Library in MY Xbox, the music shows up from my desktop, and I can play it. It means to me that I do not have a firewall or permissions problem. As well I can access music through Media Center from my laptop.

First make certain that the Xbox is OFF and after that attempt the below steps in order:
    Change permissions:
    1. Go to Start, Computer after that right click on the “Music Tracks1” afterward select Properties.
    2. Go to the Security tab and after that click on Edit.
    3. Below Group or user names, find for an item named “Everyone”.
    4. If “Everyone” does not there: Click Add, type “Everyone” in the text box and push OK.
    5. Choose the “Everyone” item from the list and below the Permissions for Everyone section, make sure the following items have the Allow box checked:

• Read and execute
    • List folder contents
    • Read

If one of them is not chosen, mark the Allow box for them.

You may face this trouble if the data store is spoiled. thus, attempt to reconstruct the Media Center data store.
    1. Exit any running case of Windows Media Center.
    2. Remove the mediaCenterDataStore.db file. You find this file in: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\mediaCenterDataStore.db

To remove the file, follow these steps:
    1. Click on Start, and after that click on Run.
    2. In the Open box, type run, and after that click on OK.
    3. If you are pressed for an administrator password or for verification, type the password, or click Continue.
    4. In the Open box, enter: “%systemdrive%\programdata\Microsoft\ehome”, and after that click OK.
    5. In the details sheet, right click on mediaCenterDataStore.db, and after that click Delete.
    6. Click yes to validate which you wish to move the MediaCenterDataStore.db file to the Recycle Bin.
    7. Start again the computer for the changes to take result later than executing the steps.
    8. Start Windows Media Center