Thread: Dirt exe Has stopped working in windows 7

Dirt exe Has stopped working in windows 7

I am using computer for playing games most of time. Recently I have upgraded the system from windows vista to windows 7 and also upgraded the video card from ATI radeon to Geforce GTX 570 and also using intel i3 processor. I have recently downloaded the game DIRT. What time I launch the game it shows the error that it is missing the dirt.exe file from the system. How to repair that file from the system or anybody else is having the problem from this game. Please help me to sort out the issue.

Re: Dirt exe Has stopped working in windows 7

There are many people (myself included), which gave us this error when going to start a career, right after the charging, the screen goes black and jump to the desktop saying, "dirt.exe stopped working" Well, after a lengthy inquiry on internet I found the solution, which appears to be due to an incompatibility multicore and windows vista:
    1. "Go to C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Codemasters \ DiRT \ system \
    2. -Edit the file "hardware_settings_restrictions.xml", for it will have first to click the right mouse button, go to properties, and uncheck "read only" after you turn it off dais to accept, you turn to finding the right button in the file, and you give it to 'edit.
    3. "In the file, which it will be opened in a text file, seek" workerMap8Core.xml "unless you want to search can be done automatically with" control + b ", and where it puts sustituÃ*s 8 for 4, leaving and "workerMap4Core.xml."

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem with the launch of DiRT, I said that I just bought it, the installation went as expected no problem. Once finished I reboot the PC. And when I want to run DiRT window a small window pops up with writing "Colin Mcrae DiRT" as if the game going to run well and not a few seconds after "has encountered a problem DiRT.exe and needs to close "I basically tried everything, no success, here is my config: Ati Radeon 4850HD, 2 GB Ram, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 +, 512MB DDR3, Windows XP Pro SP3.

On games, I do not pronounce. But if you, unfortunately you took an infection, with your 64-bit OS, you would have to clean up problems with software, widely used. HJT is not trusted. I would like to tell you to install the Combofix. I said most not sure that all work. Even collect a lot of false positives (like HJT) with the associated risks. So, in case of infection, with a 64-bit OS, you must go with feet of lead. While waiting, the various houses, not give a move.

I was also having the similar problem. What I did that complete me capable to take part in the game once more was: When I attempt and create the game the display go away black and the black or white Dirt2 sign get nearer up, not anything happen. I strike CTRL-ALT-Del and create task manager. When I obtain the task manager up I discover "dirt_game.exe *32" in the "procedure" window and put similarity on the way to cpu simply. Now I am able on the way to alt-tab back keen on the game which is at the present working. Then here is no trouble alt tabbing reverse and situation similarity on the way to all cores and each is running level.