Thread: Windows 7: Age of Mythology does not work

Windows 7: Age of Mythology does not work

I newly setup Age of Mythology on my Microsoft Windows 7; while I begin the game it shows an error message: "00:00:00 (0): XS: Error 0003: Could not compile file <AI\scn04p5.xs>". I can go on the game, but no opponent attack. Could you assist me to resolve this trouble? Because don’t get any idea why this is happening and how to solve this issue. Therefore require a few help of yours.

Re: Windows 7: Age of Mythology does not work

The Age of Mythology is not well-matched with Microsoft Windows 7. You can refer the Microsoft compatibility center, which will provide you information on compatibility of this game. You can attempt to run this in Windows Vista Compatibility Mode:
    1. Release the Compatibility troubleshooter Program by simply clicking on the Start button, and after that clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and after that click Troubleshooting. Below Programs, click Run programs made for earlier versions of Windows.
    2. Pursue the instructions in the troubleshooter.

I disagree with the appraisal that Age of Mythology is not well-matched with Windows 7. I just re-installed it to be certain I knew what I was talking about. It runs excellent, extremely well. If you don't believe me, you are more than welcome to remote connecting to my PC and notice for yourself. I promise you that I possess no magical powers and that this is an authentic copy of Windows 7. It really works.

I am as well running Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit with a Core i7 930 and both installed and played Age of Mythology without any problems. In fact, just got completed getting my butt kicked by the computer. I run it in full screen mode at 1600 x 1200 High Quality. I should talk about I as well updated instantly following the installation, without running the game even one time first. I installed, after that went back to the key setup menu and updated. After that I ran the game and the whole thing went effortlessly. Even Age of Empires: Rise of Rome as well works superb.

I have not at all been compressed by the computer while playing as a Viking. Those Vikings are spiteful slight buggers, aggressive also. I attempt to put them at the similar location so I can attack en masse and while I go to where I put them, I have to go looking for them. It appears that they will pursue and attack anything which moves. I regularly find them sprinkled all over the board beating up on a few Egyptian or something.

tsimshian 1899 Guest

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? I played age of mythology on a laptop with vista just fine.
    Then when I installed it on a gaming cpu with win 7 with 2.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 FX
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N32-SLI-
    NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) MIDI UART
    Realtek AC'97 Audio
    Unsupported Standard Game Port

AND I WAS ABLE TO PLAY AOM for countless hours, but then the graphix started to crash. I'd reboot or come back later, and it would work. AGAIN FOR 20-30 HOURS; then loose the graphics and then the game; so I updated all my video cards. 30 hours of play time, and now its loosing graphics in the first minute of play, every time I load a game...

WHAT CAN I DO?

SCOTT
    Last edited by tsimshian 1899; 08-08-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsimshian 1899 View Post
    AND I WAS ABLE TO PLAY AOM for countless hours, but then the graphix started to crash. I'd reboot or come back later, and it would work. AGAIN FOR 20-30 HOURS; then loose the graphics and then the game; so I updated all my video cards. 30 hours of play time, and now its loosing graphics in the first minute of play, every time I load a game...
    I had the similar problem with AoM Titans on Windows 7... NVidia card with the latest drivers, and the game crashed regularly, after just minutes of play. I went to the properties window for the shortcut I have to the game ans set Windows compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 and was able to play for hours with no crash. Hope it works for you, as well.

I have had similar problems. It makes my computer crash every time I try to save. I will try to fix it today, and I will tell you what I tried and what my results were.

Solution:
    For ATM: Expansion Pack (and therefore the regular game) it works after taking these steps.
    1. Right click the icon on your desktop, and click on "troublshoot compatibility"
    2. next, click on "try recommended settings"
    3. Make sure that the recommended settings are on "Windows XP (service pack 2)"
    4. hit "Start the program"
    after taking these steps, it should work.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, that helped me too!