Thread: FSX on Windows 7

FSX on Windows 7

I just recently installed windows 7 as a dual boot with windows vista, FSX works very well with windows vista, bit in windows 7(home premium) i gets the message saying DirectX 9.0 required, but windows 7 comes with directx 11, which is advance then 9.0, then it should work i think. But if not then can we revert back to directx 9.0 from directx 11 in windows 7? what should be solution for it? Thank you

Install FSX on Windows 7

Its works very well under windows 7 but i'm not sure about win 7 home premium, i can play it ultimate edition, can you post the exact error message? Can you run other graphics intensive games without any problem? please post your specs here.

FSX Minimum System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements for FSX:

• Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista
    • Processor: 1.0 Ghz
    • RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
    • Hard Drive: 14GB
    • Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible
    • Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones
    • Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

FSX with Windows 7 compatibility mode

Have you tried windows 7 compatibility mode? Try to install it in windows xp compatibility, it should work. But although it runs under widnows 7 very well, make sure you have installed your video drivers.

Flight Simulator X Windows 7 compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by sub-zero View Post
    Have you tried windows 7 compatibility mode? Try to install it in windows xp compatibility, it should work. But although it runs under widnows 7 very well, make sure you have installed your video drivers.
    Flight Simulator X is fully compatible with windows 7, with both 32-bit and 64-bit, have look at this link : Microsoft Flight Simulator X Windows 7 Compatibility , Firstly you need a better CPU for FSX it demands more from the CPU then the video card. I wouldn't even try running FSX without a 3Ghz CPU.

directx 9.0 from directx 11 in windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by spectre330 View Post
    I just recently installed windows 7 as a dual boot with windows vista, FSX works very well with windows vista, bit in windows 7(home premium) i gets the message saying DirectX 9.0 required, but windows 7 comes with directx 11, which is advance then 9.0, then it should work i think. But if not then can we revert back to directx 9.0 from directx 11 in windows 7? what should be solution for it? Thank you
    No, you can't install the directx 9.0 in windows 7 and you don't need also, directx 11 is a superset of directx 10.0/10.1, both of which are backwards-compatible with directx 9.0C in the sense that directx 9.0C software and hardware can run non- directx 10/11 code. For this reason you do not install DX9.0C on Vista either, as it is "emulated" .

Re: FSX on Windows 7

I found that the reflective texture didn't reflect!

FSX , window 7, video card support DX11.