Thread: SLi performance broken while playing Dragon Age

SLi performance broken while playing Dragon Age

I had installed Dragon Age in my system and I have a very lower version of Nvidia GPU. I am using the same for many years. Before I never really tried to play games on them. I use the same for animation. But recently when I just installed the game the gpu performance was not good. Hardly for few minutes only I was able to play game on my system. I never did any major changes right now and hoping for a better solution. One more thing which I want to mention that I have a dual support gpu on my motherboard. It is an SLi support.

Re: SLi performance broken while playing Dragon Age

Once your two PCI Express graphics cards are properly installed in your system then Windows will handle base as two separate cards. You can then manage up to 4 screens on the same and here cloning is only possible between two screens connected to a single card. Enabling SLI mode is done via an option in the NVIDIA drivers, and then we move to single-screen. This is just a simple setup that you can perform quiet easily. You do not need to perform any major settings. This is a quiet basic setup you can perform without much major problem. Do not forget to run windows update after that, so that if there is any major issue related to drivers. Go for the most newest updates of the drivers.

When you setup the SLi you find two different modes in that. The first on is the AFR. It is also called as Alternate Frame Rendering and the second one is SFR which is called as Split Frame Rendering. You can choose any of the two as per your need. AFR mode, things are relatively simple. The images were made alternately by the graphics card, those made by the second card is then copied into the first to be displayed. This allows easy separation of the spots usually to maximize performance gains, but other things does not give much help.

When you found an entirely broken link on the game, then it is possible that one of your gpu is not supporting the gameplay. You have to check the same that which one is not functioning well. However this technology is not flawless as it in fact introduces a higher latency between user action and the timing. So there are possibilities that something might not function well. You can run some benchmark tools that can show you the difference for the same. There is never a stable fps on the screen. You can try some better graphic card support for that.

If you are using the same on AFT then it is possible that you can gain 60 fps. The same is being increased from 33.3 to 50ms. Of course, if the AFR is used to double the frame rate, in this case the latency, even if it is increased in number of frames or even decrease. But in very less cases the frame rate remains equivalent. The solution for AFR is to introduce additional latency. That can be better performed if you have a good driver support in your system. Or else things will really not work. Do check your systems stability before doing all the settings. Some settings might make your system unstable.

Try using the same in a different game. Remove the cards and fix them back. Check your bios if there is some settings provided in it or not. If yes then enable the same. Also keep an eye on your system performance. Your cpu usage must not go to higher extent at the time you play games. The memory size of the card must be higher. A lower memory card could not pick up good support. There is much help needed to load up images and other things. Power in case is the most important fuel that you must have in your system.