Thread: SLi Issue for Dead Rising 2

SLi Issue for Dead Rising 2

My system has two 460 Gpu on Sli mode. The card was configured last week when I opted to go for one more addition of gpu. I had currently installed all the thing well without any error or issue. I had checked the drivers and compatibility. I was planing to upgrade the motherboard also, but just to save some money, I am giving this try. When I run Dead Rising 2 on the same system the screen is very choppy. I can't even properly see the gameplay. The frame rate keeps on falling and nothing can be done there. Later on to check the issue, I turned off the Sli and there was no issue. Now that looks like that my computer might not be compatible with my system. What can I do here. If I go for a better motherboard for my system then which is best one for this. What you recommend me for that. Or else what can be the other basic things which can help me here to fix the same.

Re: SLi Issue for Dead Rising 2

Before this you must first understand that to configure sli your system must have active support for it. Just plug in the gpu will not give out performance. It is also important to ensure the drivers update. The games are quiet resource intensive and outdated drivers does not gives out a better output. Right now I am using GTX 280 on my system and the chipset is P5N73-AM. Things work fine on this without issue. My SLi does not gives out any bad error now. I plan to later on buy a second gtx 280. I updated the drivers and it worked. Actually it was recommended by a friend that I must use the similar card plus I must also ensure that my motherboard is compatible with sli or not. I checked all things and luckily everything matches there. You might have left something which is causing the issue.

There are many affordable sli motherboards that can give you a help in this. You can go for a new motherboard which is a better choice. Thought it cost you a little but it is quiet affordable and easy solution also which will help you in future also. There is a expensive motherboard called ASRock which offers K8SLI-eSATA2 . This is a very costly motherboard, but is well designed for the sli support card. You can also run raid on it. It come with latest technologies like eSATA II SATA II connectors supporting modes RAID 0,1,0 +1, JBOD, RAID 5 and may even welcome the AMD Athlon 64 on Socket AM2. The best suggest cpu for this motherboard is AMD Athlon 64 and Sempron.Equipped with powerful components, this motherboard is also scalable.

I always try to gain 1024x768 resolution on my screen, which makes it blurry on a widescreen monitor. I tried lots of stuff from updating drivers to even changing the cards but nothing worked out. The best option then I found to upgrade my motherboard. It worked. So if you are using a high end card on a old chipset then it is not possible that you get a good performance. There will be similar technical specification. Later on do not forget to patch up with ne drivers for your system or else the performance will not be improved much.

I will recommend you to go for motherboard featuring two PCI Express. PCI Express is managed by the chipset, and NVIDIA chipset are quiet compatible with the same. I will recommend you to use ASUSTeK A8N-SLI. The motherboard is just awesome for Sli support. You cannot rely on a older motherboard model for the same. Go for the lost recent upgrades or else things are not going to work at all. With nForce4 SLI motherboard that is delivered on the SLI connector for connecting the two graphics cards that support this feature.

Here are some recommendation for the chispet you can try out. You must also look this so that you can ensure that the motherboard is enough capable of handling up the sli. Some of them are GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express, GeForce 6800 PCI Express, GeForce 6800 GT PCI Express and GeForce 6800 Ultra PCI Express. Do look for the similar version of motherboard that supports such cards. You must try out the same. AsusTek offers a really awesome choice for the same. As part of a configuration based on two GeForce 6600 GT, the two maps are powered by the PCI Express motherboard and therefore it is advisable to have a PSU with a 24 pin ATX connector.