Thread: Want to play Wow on SLi

Want to play Wow on SLi

What are the most appropriate settings for a game running on 2 Way Sli. That means two different gpus connected to a single motherboard. What I am trying to figure out here is, the best settings for my game. I am playing World of Warcraft and for the full screen support on a wides screen monitor the display is worst. I cannot even see the borders clearly. This can be due to stretching of the screen. I want to know more on the sli support for such older games. I tried to gain some fps here but sometime it does not give a better output. I think this can be due to the older design of the game.

Re: Want to play Wow on SLi

The settings does not play a full role for that. There is something more to be considered for that. I am using a 3-way SLI on my system and it is working well. Here I had paired 3 gpu with the same. But remember this is not supported by all SLI graphics cards. So specification is already needed important for that. The models can be in the list marked in red. This technique allows primarily playing in very high resolutions with maximum detail and AA. It is associated with a very high power consumption, and not every Nf SLI motherboard supports this type of SLI's because three PCIe x16 slots are needed. SLI motherboards supporting this technology are again highlighted in red.

It is not essential that the gpu's are in charge for this. At some points your are right about the make bigger of screen where your gpu is forced to work hardware. The blurriness on wide-screen monitor is very common. You can try to play the game on a moderately low resolution. Do not have the most current driver update. Upon the configuration panel of the SLi cards and choose the most suitable resolution. Try from the lowest. If you are using a older model of gpu with old driver then it is not possible to run more than one monitor to get good picture. If you7 wants to use two monitors then you need to switch off SLI.

3 Way SLi is really a waste. I do not find any thing great is SLi. In place of that why don't you try to play the game on a single gpu. It works just as best as you do not found on the double gpu. Also note down system like that requires a motherboard with an Nforce 750a SLI and 780a SLI for the AMD platform. This is just for am and also if you have other platform then you need a 9800 series card or even newer model. In idle mode the main graphics card switched off and powered the monitor on the onboard graphics with images. If you switch into a sophisticated 3D application, the card is re-activated.

There are two different graphics cards in SLI which is virtually integrated on the single motherboard. These maps consist of two firmly connected individual cards, so it will only need a PCI Express slot. With these cards, the SLI works without a dedicated SLI main boards. However, if you want to pair two of these cards in a Quad SLI team, however, is again one of the Nforce SLI board needed. Quad in this case means that fully addressed four graphics chips in a system in service, namely, 2 GPUs per graphics card. For that you need to check the settings appropriately before turning on the system. Do not forget to have a good ventilation system support on your computer. This is also very important point to consider.

There are not much settings that are provided for the game. Most of the changes can be done in the display properties or in the resolution settings. I too failed in getting a high resolution on the wide screen monitor. Nothing worked there. It is very common that on SLi in small areas you might notice FPS stuttering but the same does not occur on a single GPU systems. These micro stuttering, however, are limited to some extent only. Do not forget to increase your power supply, or else there will not be much better support in your system for the gpu.