Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010

Internet ip failure cause gfwl error

I had recently bought GTA IV commencing from Steam in their recent sale and encompass been unable to attach to my Live profile in-game. This was the primary GFWL game inaugurated on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit install. To test GFWL out I in addition inaugurated Dawn of War 2 and Fallout 3 on Windows 7 and the consequence is the similar. I am dual-booting by means of Windows XP and I be able to attach to GFWL in-game by means of no tribulations whatsoever commencing from side to side XP, so this leads me to suppose it has to do by means of compatibility by means of Windows 7. On an additional website I recurrent, numerous users of Windows 7 64-bit said they had no tribulations so I be familiar with it can work by means of Windows 7. I have comprised and endeavor put out of action my additional network adapter and bumping the precedence up on my associated network adapter. I have comprised and made registry keys to force by means of the intention of adapter as well. I have comprised and ran the Microsoft compatibility test and the whole thing came back hold up. When I endeavor to log in to my existing Live account and I Alt+Tab out I be able to essentially observe my internet correlation drop temporarily at the same time as it is attempting to attach and then reconnect subsequent to it fails.
Old 07-12-2010

Re: Internet ip failure cause gfwl error

I did together physically formerly and have comprised and completed them the entire in excess of again. No result the tribulations are definitely by means of Windows 7 / GFWL. Optimistically this is something by means of the intention of determine to be ironed out in the subsequently a small number of patches additional than until then I am going to encompass to abstain commencing from purchasing several GFWL title. I not be able to believe there is not several official Windows 7 information in sequence regarding GFWL. Does not MS realize by means of the intention of windows 7 is a flagship product by means of the intention of is believed to inspire confidence in the company. I actually similar to windows 7 additional than it's absurd with the intention of I necessitate to reboot into XP in order to play my GFWL games.
Old 07-12-2010

You immediately desire the mods to be familiar by means of this tribulations is tranquil unresolved. The key to me is by means of the intention of GFWL runs completely extremely well when I boot into XP. The router does not revolutionize; the system hardware and wiring does not revolutionize. What is dissimilar beneath Windows 7 by means of the intention of would affect the function of GFWL. Is the technique the OS communicates by means of my router dissimilar in several appreciable way. Beneath XP I utilize the manufacturer provided LAN drivers. I had to do a number of searching to locate a Vista/Windows 7 version or description. Might this be the cause. I would recommend you contact GFWL phone support --> 1-877-274-4349.
Old 07-12-2010

Regrettably none have encompassed and worked for me. My temporary explanation is to not purchase or play several games by means of the intention of require GFWL. It runs under XP additional than I actually do not ever boot into by means of the intention of to any further extent. I had purchased Windows 7 and a newish piece of MS software does not run by means of it. I have spent hours reading into this and endeavoring fixes to no benefit. I presume in the end I determine to necessitate to call in to MS and get on the phone by means of an expert to sort it out additional than I have not had a superior prospect to call. I have the similar tribulations. Additional than earlier in the week I had my PC related to an additional network and it worked extremely well additional than at present I am at home and I get the UPnP and Internet IP not Signed In I in addition had .net 4 on my system, so I suspect with the intention of might be what's causing me tribulations as well.
Old 07-12-2010

When unswervingly associated from PC to cable modem (no router in the method the IP address I get on my network card is the IP address seen by websites ( for illustration.; Rogers Cable does not revolutionize the IP address of my data as it goes transversely its network. There is no necessitate, it's a publicly routable IP address. I in addition do not understand the necessitate for uPNP in my current scenario without a router or firewall in the method. The uPNP exists to tell firewalls to open ports and be expecting traffic to be initiated on those ports exclusive of observing several inside-out traffic first. By means of my firewall off and my PC unswervingly associated to the cable modem, uPNP is not needed for the reason by means of the intention of there's not anything filtering packets to my PC commencing from the Internet. I have comprised and previously done so.
Old 10-12-2010

"The actual numeral of IP addresses obtainable is approximately 3.3 billion. By means of the huge expansion in the Internet, there are basically not sufficient addresses obtainable. This is where Network Address Translation (NAT) comes into play. It permits a single apparatus to act as a mediator connecting the Internet and a local network. This efficiently means by means of the intention of a solitary IP address be able to be utilized for an complete group of computers." NAT is tranquil a function of your ISP and they might restrict the NAT to your IP. So far, Red Faction has reorganized itself two times; GFW has updated itself to the most recent version or description, and downloaded my profile immediately extremely well proving by means of the intention of it's not a correlation tribulations involving my ISP or router/firewall.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,