Thread: Unable to play Warcraft 3 TFT on Windows 7 64-bit

Unable to play Warcraft 3 TFT on Windows 7 64-bit

I have just bought a new computer running on windows 7 64 bit operating system and I have install War craft 3 on it. But when I try to launch this game then it closes suddenly and give this message “unexpected error”. I have done clean installation without any interrupts; I have played same game on my old computer which was running on Windows XP operating system. I don’t know what is wrong with it, so I need to know what exactly cause for this. If anyone having knowledge on this then let me know. Any suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to play Warcraft 3 TFT on Windows 7 64-bit

I think that the reason for this could be the Direct X. I think that you may don’t have Direct X on your computer or maybe it is not up to date and therefore this game is not able to start. As far my knowledge Warcraft 3 require Direct X 8.0 or later version to run flawlessly. I think that you should first check the Direct X version on your computer and to check this Select start button on your Task bar and open Run window and type “dxdiag” and then click on OK button. Then it will open the all the related details of Direct X, if you have not installed proper version then install it to play the game.

I think that thin can be happens because of the insufficient graphic memory for the Warcraft 3 game. As per my search regarding this, windows 7 utilize lot of graphic memory so may be there no left memory, that require to play the game. To play this game you should have to have to upgrade your graphic memory or else you can also downgrade on Windows XP. I think these two ways can help you. I hope this suggestion may help you.

In my point of view, you may need to configure Nvidia graphic card in order to play this game. Sometimes game setting are preconfigured to run as per graphic card or if it is not preconfigured then it conflict while you launch the game. So I recommend you, to run this game you should configure your graphic card setting as well game setting accordingly. May be after all the require configuration you can play this game. To set the graphic card setting go to its properties and select manage setting, and hit on triple buffering and choose force off and then click on vertical synchronization and select force off after all this apply this setting and close the window.