Thread: can’t connect to new marketplace after update

can’t connect to new marketplace after update

I have been facing problem with my account after I have the update I am not able to login with my account in my windows 7 64-bit system. Many of my games are crashing like evil 5 and Superstreet Fighter 4 that all crashes at the start. Even there is no dashboard on Gears of war pressing the guide button also don’t help also I am not able to log on new marketplace. Don’t have idea why such problem is appearing haven’t tried anything yet, so if anyone have faced it and have the solution please provide it so that I can play my games without any trouble.

Re: can’t connect to new marketplace after update

I think you are not in the Windows Live supported countries because normally this kind of problem can be appear when you are in the region that is not listed in Live supporting. Also there is some new protection implemented on GFWL that guarantee of that games will be played in supporting country not out of that this can be the reason of this. You can try out using older version as you said problem occur after you have done the update and also mention your country or region where you are currently residing hope I can help you little more.

I have already tried out using the older version because I thought the problem is with current version so I just uninstalled the GFWL and reinstalled the older version. After that I was able to connect on any game but update pop up was coming every time that I pick my gamertag. But after updating again similar problem cropped and all game seemed like blocked. Even the problem with marketplace log present problems like when I set my pass and account it says something wrong and on second time a pop up appears with “THERE IS ONE COMPONENT OF WINDOWS NEEDED AND IT IS DISABLED ON YOUR COMPUTER”. Yes and the region I am staying in is Hungary, so if any solution please let me know.

The issue you are facing because you might not have Windows Live Sign-in Assistant that need to work. Because GFWL currently uses that Sign-in Assistant to collect your e-mail address and used password at the time of signing in. Similar indication of various games crashing and some of them not bringing up the GFWL Guide and Games for Windows - LIVE doesn’t start up if the Sign-in Assistant is not running correctly. Some of the games hold when GFWL does not start up and carry on other crash as they suppose it to be working when the game starts.
    You can try out following steps as you are using Windows 7 system:
    1. Initially go to Add-Remove Programs and there you need to uninstall the Windows Live Sign-in Assistant. After that reboot your computer for proper uninstall of program.
    2. Now you need to download the Windows Live Essentail from the official website you need to install at least one of the Windows Live Essentail 2011 programs like Messenger.
    3. Now go to Start Menu in that go to Accessories and then right tick on "Command Prompt" and choose 'Run as Administrator'
    4. There in the command prompt pane you need to run the commands in the order:
    • net stop wlidsvc
    • net start wlidsvc

5. After it worked effectively attempt and sign-into the GFW Marketplace Client and perceive if you are receiving the same error again.