Thread: Call of Duty 2 could not find Steam

Call of Duty 2 could not find Steam

I know I am bit slow on the Games but that is what I will say here. Right now I am having the Call of Duty 2 for me and the thing is that it can be played offline without many issues but when I try to go online I have seen that it cannot be played there. Whenever I try to get connected with the steam I get an error saying that STEAM CANNOT BE FOUND. In addition to that I cannot create a desktop icon for it. Also in addition to that if I make an attempt for the same all I can see there is the White icon there. The white icon there can be seen with the Name of the Game at the bottom. What can be the reason for this? Also I have faced some minor issues like the color degradation and some time the players just get invisible and some thing like that but after few seconds it just gets solved. Any suggestions in this matter. Please let me know who is the culprit here? I have Windows 7 running on the system.

Re: Call of Duty 2 could not find Steam

Well looking at the things that you have presented above I think that you will be required to check for the Network Connections. Well there were issues while at the release of this edition of this Game but that was resolved when the days passed. I think that you will be required to reconfigure your internet settings and see if that can make some difference there. IN addition to all this I want to ask you what is the Distribution of the Call of Duty that you have installed here. Please check this before attempting for something else. Hope that can help you in this matter.

I think that you will be required to have the drivers of the system updated as you have mentioned that you are getting issues while you were playing the games and in that respect you were able to see the issues like the color degradation and hence in that respect I think that you will be required to install the Video Drivers here. Hope that can bring some thing useful with the issue that you are facing at the moment.

I would suggest you to run the Memtest and see if you are not having any issue with the RAM that you are having on the system. Probably the issues like hanging in the Game are result of some malfunctioning with the RAM. It will be better if you can open up the case and try to plug out the RAM and then reinsert it in the slot so that the issue can be tackled. If the previous slot do not go in your way then you can try inserting the RAM in the different slot and see if that can solve the issue. Please let me know if changing the slot of the RAM really helped you.

If you ask me I think that the game that you have with you at the moment is buggy and all you will have to do is ask for the Replacement copy. Well it is true that at the time of release the game was having issues in finding the Servers but as the Days passed the issue was brought under the control. I think that you have purchased the older DVD of the game and if you want you download the patch that was released for the Call of Duty 2 and see if that can solve the issue and if that is not the case then I think getting the other DVD will really help you to get out of the issue. The reason for this is that you cannot have the shortcut of the Game and hence I think that the GAME is itself buggy.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have mentioned and I think that getting a fresh copy of the Game will be really a good move. I think that it is the best way. Well I will try to have the new copy and will try to have a look for that. Also it would have been better if you would have given me the link for the patch that you all are talking about. Hope that I will get the Link for the patch soon from your side. In the mean time I will try to find for the patch manually but will be happy to have that here in my case as well. Thanks a lot for making the ideas clear here.