Thread: D3DOverrider configuration for Fallout New Vegas

D3DOverrider configuration for Fallout New Vegas

I just tried to use D3DOverrider on my system. I am playing Fall New Vegas in my system. When I run the game and the utility it gives a windows sound. But after running the game nothing happens. I thought this utility runs in the background and will give me a good rain ratio in fps. But the same stays at 60 fps and then goes below 30 fps. It must increase if I overclock my system. But why the same is not going up. After quitting the game, the applications work in the background. I stopped various services and provide the game as the most vital application for the time. But still there is no gain in that. Does using Rivatuner instead of that can be a better option. Here I just decide the application priority while in Rivatuner my cpu will be overclocked. In that case D3DOverrider is much safe.

Re: D3DOverrider configuration for Fallout New Vegas

That is right actually. I too found certain issue with the application which was not able to manage my system resources. Here I overclocked my cpu and then run D3DOverrider where I gain some speed. But that too was only for limited time. D3DOverrider 1.3 is very easy and you should be pretty program and it plays a role very similar to what you found in DX Tweaker, which is used to enable Triple Buffering also D3D applications. All you need is a better settings for that. It is actually a the release of 2.0 version of RivaTuner which is called as D3DOverrider 1.3. The creator of the program is the same that created DirectXTweaker time ago, but now work with the staff of RivaTuner, so this time the project should be continued and updated.

I tried to do a quick test with 3DMark05 after running D3DOverrider. But I cannot get benefit from that. Maybe there is something wrong with the program. I thing this game might need some time and after some updates it will be better. When the program begins operation is easily detectable from a Windows-style sound that is emitted when an application that uses D3D. With the new nvidia panel three times the buffer it is already enabled. In the past I tried the DX Tweaker, but did not work and on the same had I got some benefit from this program.

I had tested the same on my system. With the active Vsync and 60 Hz refresh rate, the FPS always go from 60 to 30. After that to gain something more I enabled Triple buffer. What I found in that the the FW triple buffering only works with OpenGL games. Some of the games you might be aware of Doom3, Quake, etc. Here what I found that the DXTweaker does not work for me. I tried to gain some performance but they do provide a better support. While comparing to the the D3D Overrider works great. Just run the application that is located and add the application profile. If you are not aware about the setting then leave the default settings and finally you have triple buffering in D3D games

I never tried to check the performance in 3DMakr but frankly speaking this does not work games useless you cannot check the benchmark. There can be some falling and rising, so you can just figure out that the applications serves the game perfectly or not. I just believe in having a good configuration system. The triple buffer is used only if v-sync is enabled, v-sync removes the tearing what you called those transparent lines that run horizontally due to the non-synchronize between the vertical refresh of the monitor and the higher number of fps vga generated by unit of time.

If you have a very limited frame-rate then you must first try to figure out the reason behind that. Yes what mentioned in the above post that this can be the issue with v-sync. Due to this your fps is limited to synchronize with the frequency of your monitor. For example if if your monitor is 60Hz then you can get a maximum fps of 60 even if the card is capable of giving 80fps. It is also true that in some heavy scenes the graphics card is not able generate the ratio 60fps to maintain synchronization. So that's the other all thing which is needed to be taken in consideration. With triple buffering is to avoid the reduction to half of the fps.