Thread: Can I run Xfire in Combat Arms

Can I run Xfire in Combat Arms

I love to play games on the Xfire and I have played a lot of game using it and now I have come across many games and have them on the play and that too without many issues. Now I have come across this game Combat Arms. Well the game is really nice and I want to know if that can really run in the Xfire. I will be really happy if you all can tell me if there is way by which I can have this running on the Xfire. Well I have tried all the things that I could but yet was not able to have this game run on the Xfire. Now I doubt, if it really runs on the Xfire. I will really appreciate if you all can come up with the way by which I can have this run on the Xfire. I really like to play games on the Xfire and I want to have this (Combat Arms) for me.

Re: Can I run Xfire in Combat Arms

I think that you will be required to run the updates for the Xfire and after that I am sure that you will have the Combat Arms running for you. You can have the updates for the Xfire from the official site and you can follow the steps below so that you can have it for try:
    • As the very first step go to the X-fire program folder.
    • After that you will be required to search for a configuration file called xfire_games
    • Once you will find the xfire_games file you will be required to open that file
    • Now a little bulky part: you will be required to press the Ctrl and F key simultaneously
    • Once you hit the Ctrl and the F key you will be required to enter the following code: Warhammer Online
    • After all this you will be required to see if you have the things in the proper way and for that you will be required to see that the following things are listed there:
    • The LongName should have the value: Warhammer Online Beta
    • The ShortName should have the value: who
    • The LauncherDirKey should have the value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microso ft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning BETA 2_is1\InstallLocation
    • The LauncherExe and the DetectExe both should have the value: war.exe
    • The RunElevated should hold this value: 1
    • The Detect Server should be: FALSE
    • If at all you see that the LauncherExe and the DetectExe is set to Warhammer.exe then you will be required to set it to War.exe

In this way you will be able to have the Xfire updated.

I do not think that you will be required to search for the updates manually. If the updates are available for the Xfire it will get automatically installed for you. All you need to do is keep your Xfire Client configured. You will be required to keep the download settings enabled. If that is well set than you will be able to receive the updates for the Xfire as they are released. Once all that things are set properly you will be see that the Xfire will download then and install them automatically. Major updates for the Xfire are released every week and I think that you are missing on them and would like you to go for that. Well try the updates and see if you can run the Combat arms on the Xfire in the manner that you wanted.

Xfire is as same as AIM (AOL Instant Messanger). Yes it is like a messanger and the beauty of this game is that it can be used while playing games. It is really a thing that should be with the one who like to play the game a lot and it is really sad that you cannot have that for you for the Combat Arms and will like to see if you can have that for you. Well I think that it will be wise if you can have the game installed on the Game again and see if that can help you to over come the issue that you are facing at the moment.

I think that I can bring the things that you have asked for. I have done a lot of googling and have found the steps that can really help you to get the Combat Arms on this Xfire. It will be required to make some setting s here so that you can have the Combat Arms to run here. Without that I do not think that you will be able to have the Combat Arms here. Just have a look below and see what the things that you will have to change are:
    • [5476]
    • The LongName will have the value Combat Arms
    • The ShortName will have the value cmbtarm
    • In the end you will see RunElevated is set with value 1. Under that you will be required to enter the following lines:
      InGameRenderer=D3D9
      InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE
    • For adding the two lines you will be required to open C:\Program Files\Xfire\xfire_games.ini and then search for the Combat Arms. After that you will be able to enter the above two lines. Save it and nesxt time you will launch the game you will see that running here.

Thanks a lot for all the replies that you have mentioned here. I will definitely try to see if I can have the Combat Arms for me. Also I am also happy that I got the steps for updating the Xfire and I will definitely try the steps that you have mentioned and will see if that can really run in my case. Will post if that runs in my case and will let you all know about the same soon. Thanks a lot again for this.