Thread: Download of Gears of War stuck on my windows live

Download of Gears of War stuck on my windows live

I be pleased regarding the suggestions and information in sequence, additional than the evidence suggests by means of the intention of my network is not solely (if at the entire) at faulting here. Wireless networks and associations are the norm nowadays, not the exemption. When downloading games, the GFWL client requirements to accommodate for this. By means of the intention of is, in a much superior method than displaying a somewhat generic error, erasing the present download progress and starting commencing the beginning the entire in excess of again. Additional direct download clients (Steam, Direct2Drive, etc.) the entire encompass had no problem downloading multi-GB games by means of this network, hardware, etc. The fact by means of the intention of the download has died in the similar place 3 times on two dissimilar apparatus in addition suggests by means of the intention of incredible is "funny" here when a wireless network is utilized.

Re: Download of Gears of War stuck on my windows live

A continuously wired correlation has seemingly gotten me in excess of the obstacle of stalled downloads. I am tranquil a bit perplexed why every additional digital download service I have comprised and bought games commencing from works extremely well on my wireless, additional than with the intention of is neither here nor there at this point. I have comprised and completed the download of the installation files. A wired correlation is eventually what solved the tribulations and assuming there were no additional issues, I would be prepared to shift on. Of course, at present I am experiencing the tribulations detailed. There is a number of CPU activity and to some extent varying degrees of memory consumption. On the other hand, there is fundamentally no disk activity. Subsequent to additional than an hour attempting the install, it was basically too late most recent night to continue spinning wheels and I have to abort.

A quick give the impression of being at the CAB files demonstrates by means of the intention of two of them are dated 6/25, by means of the rest dated 7/9. I gather with the intention of is where the tribulations is, as indicated. Given the hoops I have comprised and had to jump from side to side to get my apparatus on a wired correlation, along by means of the prospects of yet an additional 12+ hour download, I have got to say at this point. Truth be told, I essentially previously bought the disk version or description of the game a couple years back and encompass completed it additional than a small number of times previously. I had presently purchased an innovative laptop, an Alienware M11x, and was anticipating to give the game an additional run-through. Due to by means of the intention of system not having an optical drive, along by means of some Microsoft points I have in my account, I figured the disk-less download would be the most excellent choice to play the game on my innovative apparatus.

So as an alternative, I determine to consider this a dollar 20 (or 1600 MS points) lesson learned. If I locate myself by means of sufficient free time on my hands I might attempt the download the entire in excess of again, assuming the additional tribulations by means of the installer encompass totally shaken themselves out. For at present though, I am willing to count the complete thing as a loss. Regrettably of not merely money, additional than quite a bit of time. I would rather purchase an external optical drive for my M11x and deal by means of the disk checks at this point. Approximately needless to say, this determines to be my most recent GFWL purchase for the near-term prospect. Perhaps when Microsoft gets their act mutually and provides at least a equivalent (if not superior) experience compared to additional digital distribution presenting.

As I said in my preceding position, I become aware of by means of the intention of two of the files downloaded had 6/25 timestamps on them at the same time as the rest were dated 7/9. I stature it would be a absolute waste of time to re-download the whole thing yet the entire in excess of again, particularly when most of the content might be deemed superior. Subsequent to a bit of inspection, I figured out by means of the intention of I merely desirable to download the first two files the entire in excess of again (suffixed "_1.rar and _10.rar) rather than the absolute installation library. Here is what I did to re-download these two files merely and amalgamate them by means of the existing content. I went into C:\Users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft and copied together the xlive and GFWLive folders to a provisional position (C:\Temp). Then, I ran the GFWL client software.

To a certain extent than endeavor to write down the tremendously long filename prefix string, I basically right clicked on a "good" .rar file, clicked "rename", and utilized the selection tool to highlight the fraction of the name I desirable (up to the underscore). I then did a right hit it off, Copy to store the sequence to the clipboard so it would be obtainable to "Paste" into the renaming of the two .TMP files. Subsequent to renaming the .TMP files to their appropriate names, this productively gave me a absolute set of 7/9 installer files for Gears of War.5. In conclusion, I opened my C:\Users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads folder and eliminated the entire of the newer .TMP files by means of the intention of were generated commencing the most recent download. Then, I shifted my copied (C:\Temp) GFWL and Xlive folders back to their appropriate position in C:\Users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft.