Thread: DeathSpank from Steam issue

DeathSpank from Steam issue

I have recently bought this wonderful game that is “DeathSpank” on the Steam and the problem is this wonderful game is not working on my computer system. This is really annoying; I am feeling like I have married to most beautiful women in this world, but I am not allowed to sleep with her. I have checked and re-checked the compatibility issues; I have not found anything that is not compatible with this game. But then also I getting this annoying error messages
    1. Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices.
    2. Graphics adapter must support the following features: Shader Model 2.0: Supported 24Bit Depth Buffer: * Not Supported *
    I am having ATI Randeon X1550 Series graphic card and I know that this is perfectly compatible with the game and this the best graphic card one can utilize for this game. Anyways I just need a solution for this wonderful game, after spending money adjusting the configuration of the game according to requirement I am not able to play the game. One more thing I want to bring your notice that I have already send an email to the official website, but till now there is no response, hence I posting this thing on techarena to get some help related to my problem.

Re: DeathSpank from Steam issue

To be true the graphic card that is ATI Randeon X1550 Series you are using for playing this game, is not of that caliber that can handle this DeathSpank game. In short your graphic card is below the minimum requirement that is required for playing this DeathSpank game. But there is good news for you, that is, you will be able to play this game without changing the configuration of your computer system. For that purpose you have to download patch that will be available in near future. After installing that patch you will not get this kind of error messages. You will happy to hear this thing but my friend I cannot give that guarantee that you will get the same kind of performance using this graphic card and the patch. I mean that if you want to play this game using the graphic card you are having then, you have to compromise with the performance of this game. Decision is yours whether you want to buy a new graphic card or you can compromise with the performance. I hope that this information has helped you to get around the solution of your problem.

Thank you for the solution that you have provided, for playing this game. I will wait for the patch release instead of buying graphic card for playing this game. My friend is also having some issues related to this game and I would like to discuss that issue hear so that I can get a precise solution for the problem that he is facing. The problem is with flash of Hitachi drive. The reader is detected, and if he, switch-B, and save the firmware on his console and he put Flash xtreme in this manner:
    Drive IS 0046 rev, Dumped in 1157mS , Hitachi Dump file saved to E: \ Documents and Settings \ Hypnosis \ Desktop \ XBOX360 \ flash \ home \ 2nd test \ Hit-OFW.bin Loading firmware from buffer. Inquiry string found Identify string found Firmware OSIG: [HL-DT-STDVD GDR3120L0046-ROM] Firmware is: iXtreme: 1.51: v46S-12x and Key database updated. Loading Dump Hitachi to Source Buffer and Key database updated. Hacked Flashing f / w to Hitachi Ram 0046/0047 by using WIN32 API Upload Method Unlocked! Flash Ram dumping and then Upload - Execute Failed.
    I just want to know how to remedy this problem?

For your error no idea but everything that I can say is that your friend’s player is absolutely not flashed. An error during the flash and your drive is dead, Hitachi unforgiving. Thou hast an error before starting the flash. And if you ever managed to know that the flash movie to change should always put the original one before if you re-flash the brig is valid only for Hitachi. I hope that this will solve the problem that your friend is facing. If there is any other issue, then let me know I will try to resolve it as soon as possible.

Yes indeed he was having the error before the flash so for now it's okay, but hey he is trying to flash anyway, hoping not to have a problem. But it's weird that he has set the things in this manner
    Flash Ram dumping :............................. Upload - Execute Failed
    Perhaps this just JungleFlasher or the drivers installed with jungleflasher? If not for the firmware file is placed in the right? On the second flash, it did not test for stability! Well thanks for the solution that you have given and will try it to get this problem solved and will let you know if there is anything more irritating.