Thread: Does Quake Live support Xfire

Does Quake Live support Xfire

Hello friends I am having this wonderful First person Shooter game called Quake Live with me and I would play this game for almost 6 hours a day as I have completely fell in love with this game. Recently I have heard about Xfire browser that has been released for chatting, video sharing and snapshots etc. So I would want to know that whether this game that is the Quake Live support the Xfire browser or not. Please reply me early as I am waiting for the browser to get installed.

Re: Does Quake Live support Xfire

Well according to me Quake Live game doesn't support the Xfire browser as it is only designed to be only played at the client level side. It doesn't have support connecting to the web and you can only be able to play this game by connecting to just the server with all the different computers connected to it. That is why I fell that Quake Live will not run on the Xfire browser.
    Last edited by RyanInt; 01-12-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Hey I think that you will be able to run the Quake Live using the Xfire with the help of option that has been provided in the Quake Live game in the settings of that game. If you go and search in the settings you will come to know that there is a option in the list that says "Enable this game in Web ". On finding that option you must select it and then start the game using the Xfire. Just try this option and see if it solves all your problem, I hope that it does solve the problem.

Thank you all for the advice, i have followed all the option that is given by you and I have even searched the settings of the game and got the option of "Enable the game in the Web" and I have even selected that option and loaded the game using Xfire. But upon loading I found out that the game was unable to start from the Xfire. Can some one help me to know that does this game support the Xfire or not, please provide some other options as well so as to connect it to the web.

Hey why don't you try to run the game using the internet explorer or some other web browser and see if it solves your problem. What you can do is that you can search for the plugin for IE or Firefox over the internet and you can link that with your Xfire to see if it runs or not. Also while you are using Internet Explorer to run the game it will consume less resource as compared to the other browser, So it is best recommended to use this approach if that doesn't solves your problem.