Thread: Play without reinstalling the GTA IV while a fresh copy of Windows is installed

Play without reinstalling the GTA IV while a fresh copy of Windows is installed

I need to have the suggestion here on the Topic that I have made here. I have the Windows 7 running on my desktop computer and the thing is that I have only two partitions on that system. Now the thing is that I have Windows Installed in the C: drive and for all the other stuffs I have installed them on the D: drive. Now I have decided to have the fresh installation of the Windows on the Computer but the thing is that I do not want to play all the levels that I have completed. So is there a way by which I can have the Windows installed but not reinstalling on the Game again. Please let me know if that is at all possible. I think that there is some thing that can be done in the registry so that we can have this working in our case.

Re: Play without reinstalling the GTA IV while a fresh copy of Windows is installed

I do not think that there is any way by which you can have the said things for you. If at all it is there then I do not think that it will be that easy. You will be definitely required to make a lot more changes in the registry. Playing with the Registry is really risky and anything wrong set in there will really kick the Windows to the crash state. I would really stick with what I had said in the very first line, I do not think that it is possible at all.

Re: Play without reinstalling the GTA IV while a fresh copy of Windows is installed

Why are you taking so much pain of dealing with the registry? I have a better option other than this. You can use the Save game Folder instead. You will have to go to the Program Files in the C: drive then after that you will be required to search for the folder that is having the name as the name of the Game that you are playing and after that you will have to open that folder and then copy the Save Game folder in the Pendrive. Now go for the fresh installation of the Windows and after that you complete that go to the same location and just paste the Folder there in that place. You will have the game to start from the place that you had left it. Hope that this little trick will serve you in a better manner.

No the post that has been suggested above will work if you are going to reinstall the Game again and you do not want to play the game from the level one. I think that you just ended up with reading the post in the wrong manner. I even thing that there is no way by which you can have this in your case and if that would have been I would have saved my lots of game and time with this method. Well if you get it please let me even know about the same.

After searching for a long time I have found the thing that can help you with the things that you have requested for. In order to play the game in the manner that you have asked for you will be required to install all these: install Rockstar Social Club, Microsoft Game for Windows Live and GTA IV. Now on the first step install the Rockstar Social Club and GTA IV in the D: drive. After that simply install the Microsoft Game for Windows Live in the C: drive. Now after all this happens just press the Windows button and the R key and then type REGEDIT in the RUN window. A registry editor will get open there you will be required to see for the ROCKSTAR. Now you will be required to get the entire registry that contain rockstar. IN all you will have to have 6 registries. Now format the C: drive and then install the Fresh copy of the Windows and then install the latest Microsoft Game for Windows Live. After that all you will be required to do is double click on all the six registries. Then start your game.

Well thanks a lot for the steps that you have mentioned above and it seems to be very simple. Are you sure that this is going to run in the same manner on the Windows 7? The procedure that you have mentioned above seems to me as if you have operated it on the Windows XP and hence I doubt that it will run successfully on the Windows 7. Please verify this for me so that I can proceed with the steps that you have mentioned above. I even know that playing with the registry really can prove to be dangerous in my case and I do not want that to happen here.