Thread: Fix game lag with TCP IP optimizer

Fix game lag with TCP IP optimizer

I have been playing MapleStory Global from a long time online and I simply like the game. I have recently migrated to a newer place which is too far from my initial place. After settling down to this new place, when I try to play the same game over there, I notice too much of lags in the gameplay. I first thought of being some problem in with my internet or computer setup and so I tried to restart both the modem/router and the computer one after the other but still I could not get it resolved. I think the problem may be due to the server location, which may be too far from my new place, but how to solve this problem? Is their any solution with TCP/IP optimizer? Can it be resolved? Please help!

Re: Fix game lag with TCP IP optimizer

You can definitely solve this problem with the help of TCP optimizer. Download TCP optimizer from internet and install it on your computer. You can easily find this tool on internet if you search with the exact name. With the help of this tool you can speed up your internet. TCP optimizer first allows you to take the backup of the Windows Registry so that you can restore it back whenever you want. You can even use this tool to set to different settings and test your speed. In order to select the speed you must follow the some steps. Choose the internet connection speed from the slider bar give to you. Select the network interface or you can even select the radio button next to modify all network adapter. Select the optimal settings radio button from the bottom of the program. Now save the changes by clicking on Apply and you can finally reboot your computer. Now you will notice that the internet is working based on your new settings done. I hope I was clear about my point.

Internet speed is one of the main reason why you may face such kind of lagging issues. It is one of the most important aspect which affects your game play. If you make the necessary changes on the TCP settings you can improve your game play with better speed. Even I would suggest you to go for TCP optimizer which is a powerful tool for such operations. It is an easy to use utility and has an efficient user interface. It even allows you to manage windows registry. Once installed on your computer, you need to make the changes in the settings to improve network speed.

I don't think TCP Optimizer is the best solution for you. It can only tweak your Windows Registry for optimum MTU and RWIN values. It can not, any how, solve the problem of lagging and you can not even notice high ping times by making necessary settings in your Windows Registry. This is actually related to your signal route and it changes with traffic conditions based on the bandwidth signal. I would recommend you to perform a tracert of the game server that you are trying to connect. If you notice high ping times with some drops in-between than that clearly indicates that your signal devices or cable lines is having the problem. If this continues after 5th hop then the problem lies with your game server and you could not solve this problem because it doesn't lie on your side.

Thanks for your reply, I have downloaded and installed TCP optimizer on my computer but the problem is that I don't know what settings I have to change or set in this tool. Can you suggest me what settings do I have to change/set on TCP optimizer in order to improve the network connection? And for tracert, I will surely check it out today itself and see if that helps. But if it is problem on my side, so do you thing TCP optimizer can solve my problem? At least I can give it a try.

If you want to know what settings you have to change or set on TCP optimizer then here is a thread which best describes you everything. Just follow the below link and went through their suggestions. The thread has two kinds of settings: the one is which you can set on your router to optimize your network; while the other is on TCP optimizer software which helps you to optimize the network with the help of TCP optimizer tool.

TCP optimizer settings