Thread: Error 0x80072751 on Games for Windows Live (GFWL)

Error 0x80072751 on Games for Windows Live (GFWL)

I have recently bought a Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City and I want to confirm that I am running the latest patches but I have got an error 0x80072751. I don't have any idea about this error as what it indicates and how to get rid of this error for playing this game on GFWL. Is there anybody who have got the same error from the GFWL?

Re: Error 0x80072751 on Games for Windows Live (GFWL)

I have got the similar error on two windows machines. I have bought a SF4 Bio shock 2 and GTA4 and for both the games, I am getting an error 0x80072751. Even i am not having any idea about this error. One machine is running windows xp and another has windows 7. I am using the Net gear WPN824v3 to connect my pc with the GFWL. Is there anybody who can give solution for this error?

I have seen such problems while playing an online game. Actually issue starts from the router or modem which you are using to connect your windows computer system with the gaming server. These kind of error come when your router is not doing port forwarding properly and hence it looses connection from the game sever. I suggest you to check the settings of your router where you might find something to change which can solve your issue.

It could be the firmware of your router which have gone older and now its time to update the firmware of your router. I suggest you to go to the official website of your router and then check that is there any updates available for router or not. If so then update the firmware of your router and then check connecting with the Games For Windows Live. This time it should not show any error for connecting as well as for playing the online games from the same.

There is possibility that your Windows Firewall would be restricting your machine to get connected with the online gaming server. This kind of behavior of your firewall is just to make your machine secured from an infections. I suggest you to check about this issue after disabling the firewall of your system. You have to go to the Control Panel where you must be having different icon for Windows Firewall. Double click on it and then disable it but make sure that you are just disabling this only for checking the online gaming. So you should not visit any other website while your system's firewall is disabled as there might be some malicious scripts running on the website which in fact can infect your machine as firewall would be disabled at that time.

Such error appears when your machine has some problem while connecting with the game server. I recommend you to verify that all the necessary ports are opened and it is also necessary to enable the upnp on your router. Make sure that there are no software conflicts such as windows firewall or any other antivirus software’s firewall which can also cause such problems.

I also had this error after installing Age of Empires Online - I solved it by disabling my Firewall (COMODO) for the duration of the installation. Worked great afterwards.