Thread: GFWL Not able to connect now!

GFWL Not able to connect now!

I have used the GFWL many time from the same Windows 7 machine but there seems to be some problem now. Actually I have recently downloaded the GTA 4 and installed it. After this I tried to log into GFWL in the game in order to access some extra services. I have tried to do the same for 3 time but everytime my account going into an "Offline" status. I have checked the information about my GFWL account which is valid yet. I thought problem might be with the game itself so I tried doing the same thing with Fallout 3 but there was the same problem. But this time I have got the 0x0800705b4 Error where as connecting to the GTA4 gives me Error Code 0x80151911.

Re: GFWL Not able to connect now!

I guess there seems to be some problem with the GFWL itself. An error which you are getting on your machine seems to be different for playing both the game from the GFWL. I suggest you to reinstall the GFWL on your Windows 7 machine and then check that it works properly or not. Actually it seems to be an issue from the end of GFWL which can gets refreshed after reinstalling it. Make sure that you have proper internet connection responding the better speed.

I don't think that there should be anything wrong with the GFWL account as I have played the Bioshock 2, Fallout 3, Red Faction: Geurilla using the same account and never seen any such problem. But since I have downloaded the GTA 4, This problem have got started and since then I am not able to play those older games as well. Please Help Me!

I think your Windows Firewall might be stopping your machine from connecting it with the GFWL. I suggest you to disable the Firewall of your machine and then check that it works or not. You have to go to the Start button and then go to the Windows Firewall where you can disable for some time just to check about this issue. Make sure that you don't visit any other websites while your Firewall is disabled as it might happen that your machine gets infected by any viruses from those websites.

The error which you have mentioned here usually refers to your MTU not setup to the highest. I suggest you to set it to the 1495 for it in order to pass. Make sure that you have open all the ports for the GFWL. Another error which you have got while playing the Fallout 3 does not create any idea in my mind as due to which it might be showing such error. But you may try setting your MTU to the highest and then check that you can play those game or not.

It could be the another firewall as well which might be running from an anti virus program which you have installed to secure your windows machine. Actually even these kind of firewall as well can block your machine from accessing the online gaming servers. Check disabling the firewall of your anti virus software after which you may check playing the game with GFWL.