Thread: Halo 2 server issue - not connecting after waiting for 1 hour

Halo 2 server issue - not connecting after waiting for 1 hour

I am trying to connect with the Halo 2 server from my Windows Vista machine and I am getting up to the Server List but nothing moves forward. There was no game pop up, even after one hour of waiting for the same. My friends are playing this game from the same server. I am not able to join their games even from invites. What is happening to my system, because it is confirmed that there is no issue from the server as my friend's are playing on it. I am trying to connect with the GFWL.

Re: Halo 2 server issue - not connecting after waiting for 1 hour

I guess there could be some issue with the GFWL account through which you are trying to connect with the gaming server. I suggest you to check the status of your GFWL account where you might find out the reason due to which your are not able to get connected with the gaming server. It might happen that GFWL have restricted you by connecting with the online gaming. If everything is okay with an account then you should check reinstalling the GFWL on your machine which might solve your problem.

If it is trying to get connected but the connecting screen is never ending then it could be an issue with your machine itself. Actually this kind of problem appears when your machine's windows firewall is not letting your machine to get connected with the game server due to some security reasons. I think you need to disable the windows firewall after which you can check that it is getting connected or not. I have faced the same problem on my Windows XP machine which gets sorted out after disabling the firewall. But there is risk to visit any other websites when your system's firewall is not enabled as any virus can easily enter into your system without your knowledge.

I have noticed something really weird with the GFWL as there won't be anything wrong with your account nor with an internet connection. Even I was having similar kind of issue which I can't say that I have resolved it but somehow I got rid of it. When I got this error then I go to the campaign and watch a cutscene and then when you come back to check the servers. Then it can connect without any problem. Now I don't know that what kind of solution is this but it worked for me so it might gets work or you as well. Just try it!

Actually your issue seems to be the problem with the server itself which have got very much busy due to which your machine, in fact your IP is not getting the chance to get connected with it. You should keep on trying after logging out and logging back in on the GFWL which might solve this problem. Now you may try first connecting and then tell your friend’s to connect with the same server. It may make some difference according to your Internet Service.