Thread: BioShock 2 crashes when logging into Game for Windows Live for Single player mode

BioShock 2 crashes when logging into Game for Windows Live for Single player mode

Bioshock is my most favorite game I ever played. I recently installed the second version of Bioshock and ended up with some issues. I could not be able to manage Games For windows Live with Bioshock 2. The game crashes to main menu every time I login on it. It may be either before starting of the game or after starting of the game, it crashes instantly. But the multiplayer works fine. It is only the issue about single player. I need to login to live because I need to save the game otherwise it is useless to play. Using offline account also I am getting same trouble. I don’t know what can I do now and whom can I ask for help? Please help me out of this.

Re: BioShock 2 crashes when logging into Game for Windows Live for Single player mode

It seems to me that the game is not completely installed on your system, otherwise there must be some kind of problem with the .exe file or something related. Can you tell me what version or edition of your game is? Some version of game doesn’t support the GFWL. You might have known about it before. The GFWL service is not available on all over the world. Some version (different languages) will not able to work with Live account. Please check the requirements of games before launching single player mode.

Re: BioShock 2 crashes when logging into Game for Windows Live for Single player mode

Where did you buy this game? I think that you are launching the game via steam. If this case so, then find the source folder of that game and directly launch the Bioshock2.exe file or icon. This might help you to play the game in offline mode. The steam may not be allowing you to launch the single player mode. Otherwise assume that the steam doesn’t know that the single player mode is existed in game. It is still recognizing it as a multiplayer game.

The first thing you have to do is find the folder where the games stores its saved game files. Usually these files located in My documents. Goto there and delete all the files in that folder. The reason is that the main save file might be corrupted and it is causing trouble to the user. Also delete the system temporary folder. After sweeping all this restart the system once again and launch the game. If still you get the same problem then I think the single player mode is either not available in your system or not available for you.

First of all you must find that which thing is causing this crash. There are 2 possible reasons for a game crashing during the single player mode. If it is the issue or fault about the .exe file (Bioshock2.exe) crash then you need to contact 2K game support team for help. Because it is related to the retailer. If the XLive (GFWL service DLL) is causing this then you should contact their regional support team because it is related to the online account or service.