Thread: No connection to Live, No save progress in Viva Pinata

No connection to Live, No save progress in Viva Pinata

Using GFWL client I bought Viva Pinata. After successfully purchasing the game I cannot able to save my progress. First the game informs me to hit the home after selecting a new game. In my Xbox controller also I cannot able to bring the main menu to save the game. I tried several key inputs from keyboard in windows but nothing helps at all. I am currently using Windows 7 64 bit and Xbox 360 controller connected to USB 2.0. Without saving the progress how can I complete this game? Please help me to bring the main menu on my screen.

Re: No connection to Live, No save progress in Viva Pinata

Run the game by uninstalling the Games for Windows Live client. Otherwise try to reinstall it. I think that the Live itself is not allowing you to save the progress. Did you check in My documents for a folder which is usually used for storing the saved game progress. Most of the game uses the Document folder to download or save their progress in a format of individual files. If the folder is not present there then go to the source folder where the game exist and search there. Still you are not able to find it then you need to re-install the game itself.

I think that there might be some alternative options to bring the main menu while playing game. Did you read the manual and keyboard shortcuts for the options? There might be some keyboard configuration icon in main menu or in submenu. Open that windows and see which key has been configured to save game or to display the Root Menu. Use the function keys on keyboard which may bring several options (For HELP common key is F1).

It seems to me that the Viva Pinata is not connected to GFW Live. That’s why it is not able to save the game. In order to save the progress of the game you will need to Live account and it should be online while playing game either you are playing in single player mode or in multiplayer mode. Check the Live preferences once again in your profile and contact the service provider for further help.

As I gone through your problem I found that these issues will only occurs when you are located in unsupported countries.The GFWL is not allowed in all countries. Some places are banned from accessing its all service. If your country or region code is one of those then I urge you to register in a valid country name or code to get the full service. Also accept the terms of use and policy from the xbox Live account. These 2 Live services are lined together, so it is recommended to have both the Live accounts.