Thread: Untie Bioshock 2 CD key from Game For Windows Live account

Untie Bioshock 2 CD key from Game For Windows Live account

I am professional computer gamer who spends most of the time for testing games. I purchased Bioshock 2 on Steam. For playing this game on online I created an account on GFWL to get DLCs and also to enjoy the multiplayer feature. But in my location I think that the Microsoft didn’t provide the GFWL service and I cannot able to enjoy whole extent. I even cannot able to untie the Bioshock 2 which I spent several dollars on it. After long waiting I finally got the chance to buy a game which wanted the most but ended up with an issue of GFWL. Can anyone give me an advice about how can I untie Bioshock2 CD- key to GFW Live account? I can’t even ask help from anyone except Microsoft.

Re: Untie Bioshock 2 CD key from Game For Windows Live account

Yes. The Microsoft didn’t started or offered the Game for Windows Live in some countries. But the recent leaks from the Microsoft publishes that they are going to release the GFWL online gaming service in nearly 8 to 10 countries. I hope that it is included your location also. I don’t know how soon they will provide this facility but until then you have to work things on current available features on steam. As far as the issue about the Cd-key concern the Bioshock2 doesn’t make use of SSA. The key which you are talking about is not really tied on it.

I think that it is not possible to unlock the Game in GFWL account using the Bioshock CD-key. You will need a serial number to do online unlocking procedure. If the GFWL is not provided for your location then I think it is not possible to open it. But you can play in offline profile using the CD-key by doing manual activation process.

I think that for any reason if you can’t the play the game on online then I think that the GFWL will refund the purchase price of your game otherwise will provide a new game-key. As you see in the game terms of use and policy it is illegal to lock a game-key. But the point is the online is completely reliant on the GFWL . If you are one of those in unsupported countries then you are can’t go online. It might help when we installing the any game the GFWL should check it and prompts a warning that whether the support is available or not and online gaming is available or not. With this warning facility the user can discontinue their game installation and avoid from locking a CD-key to a gamertag or GFWL account.

If you have really bought the Bioshock 2 on steam, then the steam will obviously provide two keys, they are GFWL key (if it is a GFWL game) and activation key. Did you get those keys? The Bioshock 2 is a live enabled game and you can play it GFWL online using live key or on steam using steam key. If can’t play it means you haven’t registered under valid country code and its terms.