Thread: Section 8 fails to download in Batman Arkham Asylum

Section 8 fails to download in Batman Arkham Asylum

Hello friends whenever I attempts to update to the new section 8 patch for the Batman Arkham Asylum game it says that the file is updating for about 5 minutes then it insists to check my internet connection there is not anything wrong with my net connection. Then it presents me the error code... 0X80004024 I have GFWL i.e. games for windows live set to be permitted for my AVG as well as the windows firewall. I have never had this issue before with GFWL but it is appearing at regular basis I don’t know what to do about this, so anyone has a suggestion for this post then please reply me.

Re: Section 8 fails to download in Batman Arkham Asylum

After investigating this error, it does have a little to do with your connection. Is this the first time for installing as well as running this game? Try uninstalling totally your antivirus & then make sure that your ports at portforward.com. You required these ports open:
    Forward or open these ports:
    • TCP 80
    • TCP 53
    • TCP 443
    • TCP 3074
    • UDP 53
    • UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    You need these services on your router working:
    Enable these settings:
    MTU: 1600
    NAT: open as well as enabled
    UPnP: enabled
    Also it is probable that your GFWL Client has become ruined so uninstall your Client software & reinstall a new edition by going to site of GFWL and going into the Marketplace even downloading the latest version.

No it is not the first time I have tried running this game. I have been playing it ever since its release. And I do not make use of a router. I will attempt uninstalling GFWL's client even re-install and open those ports. I have tried the whole thing you told me to and yet getting that similar error. But many other people are having the precise similar issue just i am facing. Yet I come across at the section 8 forums but there is some suggestion. We required to having the alternative of manual patching. Lost planet colonies updates just fine but section 8 gives me this error. So i think it is the problem of GFWL’s but not my connection problem. Does anyone have other suggestions for this issue?

Ok, I investigated this issue more and check out this information:This error is very standard situation where the Key Updater Utility is not enjoying full two-way statement with the MS servers. The Utility has the job of investigating of about 6,000 files and confirm their reliability, and if it finds correctable circumstances, it does make improvement by downloading fresh files from the MS servers. Typically the error is origin by some type of third party program on your computer, such as a firewall, antimalware, or antivirus program that is interfering with the Utility. Or, your internet connection could be using a proxy server. And lastly, there may be some kind of problem with your ISP itself.