Thread: Unable to login to Games for the Windows LIVE in Dirt 2

Unable to login to Games for the Windows LIVE in Dirt 2

Hello friends, I do have some problem related to Windows LIVE. I am unable to sign in to the games for the Windows LIVE in the Dirt 2. I had already downloaded the key from the ATI 5800 series of graphic card, So that I need steam for it. I then downloaded the steam and then also downloaded the Dirt 2 from the steam. Then I started the game and press sign in. then I entered the Email there, after entering it, it says that downloading the profile. I waited for it few for minutes. After some waiting it says that there is some error. I don’t know why does it happen. I am unable to login to the games for windows Live in Dirt 2. I need some help, The problem is that this time i can't connect to online Live. please help me.

Re: Unable to login to Games for the Windows LIVE in Dirt 2

I think that you may be attempting to connect from the non-LIVE supported country. This might be the problem for that you are having the problem. due to this error the LIVE team will be unable to assist you with your issue. If you want to have the more information on the LIVE and the non-LIVE supported countries, also I will suggest few things which is based on the error that you get. Very firstly I will suggest you to uninstall spybot SD-resident and restart your computer. After it try to connect it again. If you still have the error message then uninstall the XFire and then restart your system. Then try to connect it back. The some of the programs like the XFire and the Hamachi is been known to cause connectivity issue with the Windows Live games. so remove all its related application if it is on your system. this will help you to get the connection with the Windows LIVE.
    Last edited by AZUL; 30-11-2010 at 03:07 AM.

You might be using the DIRT 2 activation token as the LIVE access token. If you want to get the LIVE Access token then you need to have the steam client. Right click on to the DIRT 2 and then select the view game CD key. The key which is now generated is your live access token. Also your problem may be caused by your anti-virus or firewall programs. Try to delete all the firewall programs or 3rd party anti-virus that you may be running on to your Computer system. NOTE: If your anti-virus or firewall software has a paid subscription, please verify first with the company that you will have the ability to reinstall them after you have finished removing them for troubleshooting. Once performed restart you’re PC, test the connection again, and post here if you need further assistance.

what you do is Download the live update manually and it should be placed on to the D: drive or some were in Dirt patches anyway. Then after Install the Dirt 2 and close it. Now Install the Live updates in to your system that you had downloaded. Boot, Dirt will use ANY old offline profile it finds OR will make a new one as described above that is: scroll to bottom offline profile.How easy and as stated don't start Live OR even look at it.Makes a shortcut in Games auto, if it does not may be something wrong with your menu or the way you installed. The reason it may not make a shortcut is you are not recognized as admin. However after you run it and have a look should be a shortcut now. Also may be there is a difference with Retail disc.