Thread: Unable to update Dead Rising 2

Unable to update Dead Rising 2

Hi friends, I am in trouble here so I posted the comment that I am unable to update the dead rising 2. The issue is that it is unable to find the install folder so I tried it to manually set the folders, run:”C:\program files\dead rising, it is the path to the game folder. But that doesn't work either because it says "Could not access network location". I have two hard disk drives and all stupid Microsoft products keep insisting on installing things for me so they usually end up being installed in the wrong place. I did then I wait then it pops up saying it failed to installing title update then it told me to see log at a location but I don’t get it please help me and tell me what to do? I think that the easiest way to solve this problem is to upload a patch or something so I can manually install this.

Re: Unable to update Dead Rising 2

I had fixed this issue, when I was trying to play the game online before that I also ran in to the problem of updating. I then had the look over the log file and then had the same entry about setting it manually. Try out to do this step:
    • Very first thing is to run the registry editor that is the regedit.
    • After that go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CAPCOM\Dead Rising 2'
    • Under that the values ‘InstallDirectory’ check the path of the directory to check whether if it matches the installation directory path that you installed the game to. If it doesn't match, change it for example. X:\Program Files\Capcom\Dead Rising 2. Where 'X: \' stands for the letter of your drive that you installed the game on.
    • Then try to run the installation again.
    Note: If you don't even have the entry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CAPCOM\Dead Rising 2’. You will now need to create the entry manually. After you finishes the downloading for the Capcom.reg key, dbl-click on it to have it then insert the registry key entry. If you're wary about my regkey, right-click on it to look at what it will insert just to see what it will enter. After that, then do steps 3 & 4. Let me know if this works. After doing this and doing research on to the internet, I want to try and share what helped for me. It seems so hopeful that this will get you up and running.

The method suggested above is workable. I will suggest you the other one that put the system in to the clean boot state and check whether it helps out for you. To troubleshoot the error messages and all the other related issues. You can start the windows by using the minimal set of drivers and then startup the program. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot will helps you to eliminate the software problems. To troubleshoot problems by performing a clean boot in Windows follow this link: support.microsoft.com/kb/929135. It will help you to do the clean boot. When you perform a clean boot, you may temporarily lose some functionality. Note that when you start the computer as usual, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or you may experience the original behavior.
    Last edited by Selvaraj-N; 02-12-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Content Edited

If still the problem persists for you, first make sure that put it in to the correct location. Also try this Click Start > Search type. C:\Users\Tracey\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\4343080e\Content\Setup.exe" /f "<path to game folder>". "<Path to game folder>" Replace with the location of the game install also remember to level the "quotes" but take out <>. you would need to type it like this : C:\Users\Tracey\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\4343080e\Content\Setup.exe" /f "c:\program files (x86)\capcom\dead rising 2\". If that still does not work find the game path manual and make sure it spelled correctly