Thread: DLC is not working in Fallout 3

DLC is not working in Fallout 3

Hello friends I m suffering problems in DLC which I downloaded yesterday for my Fallout 3 gotty (steam). I installed them in my data files menus but they were not showing me up in the game. And because the Windows games probably do not have an E-mail address or an additional feasible way to come into make contact with them. I reinstalled the game as well as the windows live games but that does not look like to work for me properly. Even I had the game product licensed key from steam and all the files are in the proper maps (including DLC’s file which downloaded) however the game rejected to load them. Do anyone have the solution for this post so please reply me as soon as to me help will greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Latika23; 29-11-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Re: DLC is not working in Fallout 3

Hey I think that your downloaded DLC files you enable them in the data file menu but do you enable the file in the game if that is the sort of thing I think that it will work properly so first please enable them in your game whenever you open the game you must enable them in game proper then only it will properly. If still getting the same problem then please let me know this cause my friend faced this same so reinstalled that game but he is not using the DLC since he is playing in single player mode but he installed DLC once and he didn’t faced any problem there on.

Thank you for the suggestion Mac even I faced the same problem DLC files are working properly in my games. I just downloaded from the official site of the Fallout games but that too giving me same trouble so I asked my friend for a help so he just uninstalled (disabled) the DLC files from the data files menu and installed (enabled) that in the game it for me properly so I think that was the good reply but I installed that files after my installation from the second was over so that why don’t find any problem while playing the game, hope from this reply it will work for others too.

Hi Litika it seems too be that you are facing the DLC files problem. Since the dlc files which you downloaded from the site is don’t have any problem cause DLC files are universal and same for that version of the game. So concern is that the game which you installed i.e. Fallout 3 must be properly updates to that version the game. I think that you must install the game to version of 1.7 or then it may not show in the game. Or even the mode of the game may interfere with the installed content of the game. So check that before installing the game and then try to play the game.

Hie friend thanks for the reply I said according to your reply my GFWL (Game for windows live) is up to date and even all my drivers (graphic driver etc.) and also my Operating System however the game at start-up wants to update fallout 3 GOTY every single time. I play through DLC on Steam. When I am completed playing as well as close out from the game the update window is still same does not goes from the desktop and they suggests me that update is not reacting even if the update was done 100% by me and started the game.

Ok friend that is why I was inquiring you what was the edition or the version of the Fallout3.exe of the Fallout 3 GOTY game are you running you need to make confident for running the correct version of the Fallout 3 game otherwise the game will not start it will crash in mid while the playing game. When Games for Windows LIVE downloads the updates for the game you require exiting the game consecutively for the update to install as well as finish the game.