Thread: System Cannot Find the Path Specified of Halo 2 in Windows 7 or “It failed to initialize”.

System Cannot Find the Path Specified of Halo 2 in Windows 7 or “It failed to initialize”.

Hello! Friends, I have recently bought Halo 2, I have installed Windows 7 in my PC. When I have installed Halo 2 in my PC to play the game, but the game which I have installed is not able to load in Windows 7.I have received an error message of "System Cannot Find the Path Specified". Then I have reinstalled Halo 2. Then I have clean the boot and again I have installed the Halo 2 now as an admin account. But it also didn’t work for, so please guys help me out with this problem.

Re: System Cannot Find the Path Specified of Halo 2 in Windows 7 or “It failed to initialize”.

Hello Master! I am also suffering with the same problem. Although I have heard that Halo 2 is compatible with Windows 7 and Window Vista. It is working well in Window Vista but in Window 7 it prompts an error message the game is not able to initialize in Window 7. I have tried re-installation option with admin account but fail to run. I have tried to contact with the service center for both Windows 7 and Halo 2, but they are seems to be helpless in this issue that why they didn’t reply me the solution. If any of you have the answer of these trouble then please help us.

Re: System Cannot Find the Path Specified of Halo 2 in Windows 7 or “It failed to initialize”.

Hi! Guys I was also getting the same issue, from when I have installed the Halo 2 first time in my Window 7 but after certain day I have found the minor solution from my college friend. They suggest me just you have to sign in. I have entered my email address and password and it start downloading the profile which I use. In between around partial download it gives that I have some friends who are waiting for game online. I thought now it’s working well awaiting the finish of the downloading. As soon as the downloading gets to 100% completed then Halo 2 reduces and windows prompt a message saying that Halo 2 for windows vista has blocked. I am trying to solve these issues from last six month but I am still waiting for solution to come. Now I am enjoying the game of Counter Strike.

Hello! Friends, I have met with the solution of the issue that you are talking about it worked well for me in solving the same problem that you are getting now. Try the following steps and see that it work for you.
    • Click on Start Button and go on to Run option and run it as an Administrator.
    • Enter the line; net stop cryptsvc and strike enter in the command prompt.
    • Then it will prompt you a message that the service was terminated.
    • Then go to your Local Drive: /Windows/System32 and change the name of "catroot2" folder to "cr2old"
    • After renaming, return to command prompt and enter the command: net start cryptsvc this will start over the Cryptographic Services. Start the Halo 2 and run the game.

The upper method may work. I can take guarantee just try and tell me the result. Or try to contact with Microsoft for this issue. Good Luck
    Last edited by RockOn; 30-11-2010 at 12:26 AM.