Thread: How to Shift gears in NFS Hot Pursuit

How to Shift gears in NFS Hot Pursuit

Hello friends I have purchased a new NFS Hot Pursuit game and I really liked all its features and the game performance. All the maps and the cars that the game provides are really very good. I love the modifying feature that the game provides to the users. However while playing the game I found out that the car speed was a little less than others such that the other car would quickly overtake me in no second. I taught that the car which I have chosen might have low speed, so I decided to change the car and even then the same low speed. I tried many more cars but the each and every one of them would not be able to attend the high speed. I would want to know that is there any option of changing the gears of the cars so that I would be able to reach a high speed and can overtake other cars easily. Please reply quickly as I am eagerly waiting to win the race.

Re: How to Shift gears in NFS Hot Pursuit

Hey I think that to gain high speed you have to make use of the boost power available in the options while you are racing. This boost power will add up to the speed you are currently in and will make the speed more enough to over take others. Also, while driving make sure you don't hit any other car or some object in the way as it would effect the speed in which you are running. Getting hit by others will slower your speed and reduces the chances for you winning the race.

I think that the only way so that not to get hit by any object is by using the drift option available while you are driving the car. Most of the hits happens during the turning and so so you will dash your car by some wall or any other car or an object and indirectly will slow down your car speed. In this case you have to stop giving the accelerator and use the drift button so that you don't get hit by anything and can continue from there with the normal speed. This will add up to the speed as well the time would not be wasted by starting the car from speed zero. So go on and use this option to win the race.

Hey I have got the options to shift the gears in NFS Hot Pursuit and then be able to get high speeds and eventually wining the race in no time. In order to shift gears you have to make use of the following controls Gear up:Left Shift, Gear Down:Left Ctrl. By using this control you can change the gear up and down as and when you require while you are driving the car. I use this controls to change the gears and I would always win the race as I always get high speed with any car.

Hey I have used the options given in the above post to shift the gears in order to achieve high speed but on using the them I found out that I was getting the same speed as I was getting previously. On pressing the controls there was nothing happening and when I look at the speed it ws just the same as the previous without using the controls for changing the gears. So I would want to know that is there any thing wrong with the controls or is that my game is missing some files due to which I am not able to get high speeds.

Hey , I would like to inform you that the con trolls that are mentioned in the above post are correct and any one playing NFS Hot Pursuit can use this control to shift the gears and indirectly get high speeds. I think that you are not properly using the control of the gears, the gears have to change while you are racing and by pressing the clutch. Only when you press the clutch and then use the above controls you will be able to shift the gears as well as at the same time will get high speeds.