Thread: How to improve ping for online gaming

How to improve ping for online gaming

I play some mmorpg games. I had just signed up recently for the same. Before that I was playing fps and racing games via Garena. I got kicked from various server as when I joined my game lags in between. I found some message saying that my latency is too high. Some server filters the connection by not providing access to those who's ping is high. So most of the time I am not connected. To test the same I tried mmorpg games which lags in between and sometime the same is continuous. I had a 512kbps of speed which seems to be good enough for multiplayer gaming. Then why does my ping goes so high. I tired restarting the same and for starting 1st hour it worked without any issue.

Re: How to improve ping for online gaming

Before playing, make sure that all the unnecessary programs must be closed. Online gaming need continuous and a stable bandwidth. If your system has high latency then because of you the server also lags. That is why people of high latency are usually kicked automatically by the online server. Some applications in the background might be eating up your bandwidth. That can be a virus also. Low out the graphic quality a bit so that your system resources remains free. Check that your router is not heating up, if yes then change the same. For online games wired connection is the best choice. If you are on a wireless network then you can expect the same issue in future also.

Ping is a signal which your computer send's to the server to which you want to connect. The time is then calculated that how much time the server takes to respond back. That is what you called latency. If the latency is higher then your game will lag simply. Try to free up your system bandwidth by disabling your automatic updates, antivirus updates, torrent, etc. Low ping states a less disturbance in the bandwidth and let you to connect on a stable speed. Stop any downloading in between the gameplay.

If you are trying to connect to distance server then you need a good bandwidth. 512mbps of line gives you around 40 to 60 kbps of download speed. So if you play the same continuously then you must have at least 1mbps of line for the high end graphic games. This is entirely depend on the bandwidth right now you have. IT is also recommended that you must disable your security application current working in your system. This is because they block direct access to any unauthorized connection. That also is the cause of lagging. Game lag is are very irritating and because of that I had upgraded my bandwidth.

It is possible that there is major fluctuation in your internet speed. I will recommend you to check it via speed test that ti is stable of not. You must keep an eye on your net bandwidth. If you are a heavy downloader, that means if you download continuously from internet, then your ISP limit your bandwidth. Other thing you can do is try to connect to more local server. Due to the location the ping gets reduced to great extent. There is no application that can help you to reduce your ping. The latency gets reduced as more bandwidth is freed up. Monitor your system traffic.

High ping is a result of constant lag. Close all background program, web browsers, etc which uses internet. Also scan your system for virus and spyware. Check properly that there is not any infection in your system. As virus constantly consume a relative amount of your bandwidth. You will also need to upgrade your internet connection. If you are on a 256 of 312 kbps line then that is not enough for gaming. You need more higher download speed for the same. The recommended ping is around 10 to 30 for game if you are connected to any service.