Thread: PhysX Logo displaying continuosly while playing Mafia 2 Joe's adventures

PhysX Logo displaying continuosly while playing Mafia 2 Joe's adventures

I have just downloaded the Mafia 2 Joe's adventures on my Windows XP machine and I can play this game without any issue. I mean to say there is no issue for playing this game but there is one PhysX logo which is continuously displaying on the top left of the screen which is annoying for me. I want to know that way by which I can disable this logo, I don't need this logo for playing this game. How can I get rid of it?

Re: PhysX Logo displaying continuosly while playing Mafia 2 Joe's adventures

Possibly you have installed some software on your windows machine which might be showing your graphic card's logo while playing the game. I think you should disable any software which measure the current status of your graphic card which might be showing you such logo while playing the game on your machine. As I have not played this game on my windows machine yet, I won't be able to understand for what reason such logo appears even while playing the game.

I suggest you to start the game and play it for some time when the logo must be appearing as you said. Now switch to the desktop directly and check that which programs are running on your windows machine by going to the Task Manager where you have check for the processes currently acquiring your CPU. You can easily find out that due to which process that logo is showing on your game screen. Just kill that process which will solve this issue.

There are many games which needs such support while playing the game. PhysX is the supporting thing for the video card which you have installed on your windows machine. So if this game would be needing its support then it would be showing that logo as well. And if you kill its process then I don't think so that you would be able to play this game without problems. It might happen that game starts lagging. According to me, It would be better to play this game with PhysX logo instead playing it with the lagging.

I suggest you to check about this issue from the nVidia control panel where you might find out something due to which this logo would be appearing. Specially you need to check for the Physx configuration which you can try tweaking as it may show some changes in the logo issue. It seems like there must be some kind of settings needed to disappear this logo while playing the game. If anything does not works then you should simply wait for the some more users to have such issues after which you may get the proper reason due to which this logo is displaying on your screen.

No need to wait for the issue being popular as this is not at all issue while playing the game and most of the user must be knowing the way to disable this logo. Actually it is like indicator which can be disable if user does not want to gets indicated. I have found the solution for your problem, You must be knowing the nVidia Control where you will see one tab on which there is an option as 'Show PhysX visual indicator', This is the one due to which you are getting its logo on your machine. Disable it and then check playing the game, The logo must have gone now.