Thread: Mafia 2 Joe's adventures overheating

Mafia 2 Joe's adventures overheating

I have downloaded the Mafia 2 on my Windows 7 machine. This game worked without any problem for Chapter 1 but when I started with the Chapter 2 then after some time, My game started lagging and then motherboard started alarm for overheating. I checked out the temperatures by using the SmartGuardian and afterburner which says that there is no temp issue. Then for what my motherboard was alarming? And why this game started lagging suddenly on the Chapter 2?

Re: Mafia 2 Joe's adventures overheating

Automatic shutdown of the PC is protected against overheating. Normally your processor must not exceed 55 ° C, if itexceeds then it means that the ventillo processor is low or blocked altogether. Try to see if it something in the box that blocks the fan running, if yes then try cleaning it and if that does not solve the problem you should buy a more powerful fan since the P4 heats very quickly.

I guess the software which you are using to test the temperature of your system's motherboard might be alarming wrongly and in fact there is no such problem with your pc. I suggest you to check the temperature of your motherboard by using some other software which might not be showing the same temperature as that of the current one. Apart from the temperature, Your game must be lagging due to the lack of resources as it might happen that this game would be trying to access the much more CPU resources which it is not getting and hence it might be getting choppy while playing it.

Check that your CPU has enough space for the ventilation as if there is not enough space to take out the warm air from your CPU case then gradually your system's gets overheated and hence they start showing the problems. I suggest you to try playing the same game with the open CPU tower and then check your machine alarms for the overheating. I guess it must be alarming this time as well if there is no such issue. And if it doesn't then it is cleared that you have to work on the ventilation system of your CPU.

There could be some issue with the cooling fan which might not be able to keep your machine cool. I think you should check about the same issue after increasing the speed of your cooling fan. Once your fan have tried cooling your machine at its full speed then you can check out the real issue as where your machine lacks due to which it gets overhaeted.

Power fluctuation is one of the most common thing because of which any electronic device can get overheated. This issue cannot be measured by the temperature readers as such issue starts from the main power cable which gives the super load on your machine as well all the hardwares of your machine. Due to the sudden fluctuation in the power, Any of your system's hardware can become useless including the motherboard. I have seen such issue with my monitor as it was unable to show the proper pixels on the screen which was caused by the power fluctuation.

Most common reason for the overheating would be dust that has been stuck at the heatsink due to which your cooling fan is not able to emit out the heat out of your CPU case and hence gradually the temperature of your CPU's hardware keeps on raising and at one point your monitor gets overheated when your machine gets off or any application might gets crashed. Most of the games gets crashed due to which reason. You should first of all clean the heatsink and then check that it gets overheated or not.