Thread: Cannot play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Cannot play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

I have bought this game a week back and now when I am trying to install it then it is showing me the error message that it require a internet connection to start the game. When I press the OK button then shows me another message that says : “Failed to connect to master servers”. And also asking me to check the connection. I have not seen anything like this before so I don’t have any idea about this. Normally when I bring any game then I simply do the installation and start playing the game but this time I am getting the problem. Please help me friends.

Re: Cannot play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

I think the best way to get the answer is to contact the tech support and they will help you to get out of this issue. If you contact them then they will first provide you the FAQ’s. Try to solve that issue with this and is that is not helping you then drop your own question over there and they will provide the solution for you.

If you are using the Zone Alarm in your computer then you should remove that. Or you can also try to update that to the latest version. There are many other programs that may create the problem for you like FreeAV, NetNanny, NetLimiter and many more like this. This will change the network configuration within Windows. If you found that the updating is not working for you then you can uninstall that to see whether that helps you or not.

There is one more method by which you can solve the issue. You have to locate the HOSTS.txt file. You will find this file under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Open this file with the help of notepad and then search for the line given below:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

Delete everything after that line and then save that. Before doping this you should take the backup of this file. Once you are done with this .then you can try to launch the game.

Have you installed any antivirus software in your computer? I am asking this you because there may be some problem in the firewall settings. It may not allowing some files to get loaded and that is creating the problem for you. Just check for the firewall settings. You can also try to launch the game by disabling the antivirus temporary and this may solve the problem for you. I wish that this will solve the issue for you. Thank you.