Thread: System does not have Widescreen Support for modern games and Media player

System does not have Widescreen Support for modern games and Media player

Hello people I have some issues with wide screen support . I like to play games and I spend most of my weekends in playing games. I have a desktop system with AMD Phenom II @ 3.0 GHz processor, ASUS Motherboard and a corsair power supply . I played Diablo 2 , FIFA and counter strike the most . How I will be able to play all the games under real 1680x1050 resolution? Has anyone faced this issues before ? PS: I also wanted to know about the Media player widescreen support?

Re: System does not have Widescreen Support for modern games and Media player

The Widescreen mode you are talking allows many more games , even all of the games you mentioned , If you are really a gamer apart fro that sword coast, Baldur's gate I and II both , if you have heard the name of the Throne of the BHAAL , but few of them are supported only in the previous released unsupported released .I do not really know about the wide screen resolution for the game Diablo2 , there are a lot of projects running for he open beta source and and some of the games are engine variant . A resolution is supported only if the x axis is greater or equivalent to 800 and the Y axis must be greater than 600.

I have played Diablo2 too , you can also call it as D3, I far as I know , The D2 or Diablo 2 is never going to support the display which have higher resolution. I too think 800X600 will be the best resolution for the current game and any increment in it will the change the meaning of the game than which is it is actually meant to be played. You will experience some oddity in th game and . You can check the videos in the you tube many people trying to play in the higher resolution , which actually ruins the actual feel of the game. if you are playing online or on LAN , you will not face much difficulty but there will be breaking results for the others opposite players playing with you. So it is recommended for you to play with the same resolution.

I have seen as well some where a few of the lads playing with the 1024 and 1280 support patch. B=ut I think it would be fine if you have more resolution. The game you haev choosen is simply fanatstic and just inmagine if you improvise on the resolution. I think the current Diablo 2 is a great game but teh graphics are not that good , the Diablo3 should have clearer textures and work in higher resolution. I do not have any idea about which widescreen resolution you are talking about.

FIX: Widescreen content that you transfer from Windows Media Player 10 to a portable device may be distorted and unviewable.
    • Symptoms

When you transfer widescreen DVR-MS content from Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 to a portable device, the content may be distorted and unviewable on the device. This problem may occur when you transfer widescreen DVR-MS content to a Portable Media Center device.
    • Cause

This problem occurs because Windows Media Player 10 incorrectly reads the pixel aspect ratio when you transfer widescreen DVR-MS content to a portable device.
    • Resolution

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next release that contains this hotfix.
    To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site: support.microsoft.com