Thread: Crysis game is not using Video card memory space

Crysis game is not using Video card memory space

I have crisis game installed on my machine and recently I have upgraded my system with a HD 5850. After doing the up gradation, today when I started my game on my system, then initially it worked fine, but after playing it for an hour it started showing the problem. The problem is that fps drops up to 0.1. For this problem i visited the crisis online and they advice me to go through the budget monitoring command. This program tells that the game is not using any of my 1 GB video card space. It is appearing that it is using the RAM instead of the VRAM. I would like to have a solution for solving this problem. If you have any idea related with this issue, then try to post your reply here. You help regarding this issue will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Crysis game is not using Video card memory space

I have gone through the above problem and for solving this problem I would like to advice you some solution. First try to cleanup and defrag the drive. Before you start the game, you have to make sure that you have defragged the game folder on your machine. Beside this solution you van also try to set the Windows Desktop and Crysis to use 16-bit color. By doing this you will not be able to see much difference in the visual, but it will increase you fps. So go for this fixes and see what you get. I think that it will help you in solving your issue

I have a nice fix for this problem. I will suggest you to make the use of Gamebooster and SmartRAM. The gamebooster will destroy all the applications which is not need while playing the game and the smartRAm will try to increase the capacity of RAM which his accessible to the game. I hope that if you will make the use of this two, your problem will get solved out. If you require further help on this problem, then reply me back.

I have gone through both the posts which are providing above. But the solution which is given by Bansi_WADIA has solving my problem. I have still not tried the solution given by aloke as now my problem is being solved. It was really a great help as it helped, because without putting much efforts I was able to solve my problem. Now the game is running better. Finally I would like to thank both of you for the help which you have provided to me.

Even I am facing the same problem. When I tried the solution of making the use of Gamebooster and smartRAM, then it solved the problem, but it was for a short period of time. After some time I again started getting the same problem. I am not able to understand why my system is behaving this way with this game. I will like to thank you for the help which you have provided to me. Please try to provide some different solution using which I can come out of this problem. Please help.