Thread: Assassin's Creed 1 crash during tutorial

Assassin's Creed 1 crash during tutorial

I have never faced this problem when I was having Windows Vista installed on my machine but since I have installed Windows 7, My Assassin's Creed does not works properly. Actually the problem is it gets crashed during the beginning of the game itself which does not let me play as well. Mostly it gets crashed during the tutorial section. My system has Nvidia GPU and this game run smoothly with the same graphic card on the Vista as well as with the XP. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Re: Assassin's Creed 1 crash during tutorial

Mostly this would be an issue with the graphic card drivers which is not letting you play the game smoothly. As you have upgraded your system from Windows Vista to the Windows 7 then there are full possibilities that your system might not be having proper graphic drivers needed to play this game and hence it directly gets crashed. Make sure that you have installed all the drivers as per the version of your windows version as if you have installed the 64 bit Windows 7 then you need to install the drivers of the 64 bit only which would be supporting as per your expectations. It seems like your machine has 32 bit drivers on the 64 bit system or vice versa.

It is always to best to check it from the Device Manager that your machine has all the latest drivers or not. You have to go to the Start button and then open the Device Manager where you have to select for the Nvidia Graphic card which has been installed on your machine. Once you have selected it in the drop down menu then check that is there any yellow exclamation mark in front of it or not. If there are any then click on it which will upgrade its drivers automatically. After doing this you have to check playing the same game.

There is one more thing which is very much needed along with the proper graphic drivers to play the game smoothly. I would like to recommend you to check that your machine has latest DirectX support or at least the latest one that has been supported by your graphic card. If not so then you must install the latest as soon as possible as it seems to be solving this problem without banging your head much.

I suggest you to check is there any virus running on your new Windows operating system or not. First of all start the game and press the CTRL+Tab to come on the desktop and then start the Task Manager as soon as possible by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You have to check that when your game process gets killed and what was the CPU usage at the time of crashing. Is there any other process which might be acquiring a high amount of CPU usage on your machine due to which this game might not be having enough CPU resources and hence it gets killed. Best to deal with it, Scan your whole computer system and then remove all the viruses out of it by using any good anti virus software.