Thread: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit stopped working

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit stopped working

I am running Window 7 64 bit version on my desktop computer system and I have installed the Need For Speed Hot Pursuit on this windows computer. Now the problem is whenever I am trying to start this game then it is not working at all. There is response from the executable file. While installing this game there was no error which might be causing such issues while starting this game, Please help me as all my excitements for racing have fall down to the ground level.

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit stopped working

I guess the problem must have occurred while installing the game which can cause this kind of problem. I have seen such issues when any game gets installed on bad sectors of the hard drive due to which it does not show any problem while installation but when your computer system tries to read the data written on that bad sector of hard drive then it cannot be read by the lens and hence your game does not starts. I think you should try reinstalling this game and then check that it works or not. This time make sure that you haven't got any error while installing it.

One more problem could be only with the shortcut icon which might be having some problem with the path required to start this game. Actually this has happened to me when I was trying to play the World Of Warcraft on my Windows computer system. I have tried reintalling this game several time which didn't solved my problem but at the end I found that the problem was only with the icon created on my desktop. When I tried to start the same game from the Start button ---> Program Files then it worked. I suggest you to try for the same which might work for you as well.

There is one more possibility by which your game might be getting started but then immediately it would be getting crashed due to which you are not able to play this game. Actually when such problems starts then I have given you one solution which has been noticed as working one. But still I am not so sure that it would be working on your windows pc as well.
    1. First of all start the game.
    2. Come on the dekstop by pressing Alt+Tab.
    3. Now press Ctrl + Alt + Tab which will open the Task Manager.
    4. Here you have search for the NFS11.exe which is process running this game.
    5. Right click on this process and then Set Affinity.
    6. Select core 0 and 1 only.
    7. Now check running the same game from the program list.

There could be some virus on your Windows machine which is not letting your game running in fact to start as it has been affected by the virus. I suggest you to check in the Task Manager as soon as your machine gets started and check that is there any process which might be acquiring your CPU and hence no other process is able to get the CPU resources due to which they are not working. If there are any then kill that process and then scan your whole computer's had disk by using any security tool and then remove all the viruses out of it. Once you have deleted all the viruses then uninstall the game as well which might have got corrupted as well. Check running this game after reinstalling it.

I have successfully installed this game on my computer system and now this is it is working as well but still the problems from my life cannot go anytime. Actually this game is working perfectly except the sound. No sound is coming out of it on any place of this game, No sound in race, same on menu, same on the introduction etc etc. What could be the problem now. Its becoming very much annoying now to play this game and I might crack this CD if this won't be working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajnikant-Deva View Post
    I have successfully installed this game on my computer system and now this is it is working as well but still the problems from my life cannot go anytime. Actually this game is working perfectly except the sound. No sound is coming out of it on any place of this game, No sound in race, same on menu, same on the introduction etc etc. What could be the problem now. Its becoming very much annoying now to play this game and I might crack this CD if this won't be working properly.
    I have your previous problem (stopped working). Can you tell me how fixed it?

It is not only the video driver which can cause the problems while playing the game as game also includes the high quality sound as well which needs proper sound drivers. It seems like your machine does not have the proper sound driver after upgrading which this issue might gets solved. You can do the same from the Start --> Control Panel where you have a different icon for the Speaker where you can find out an Option to update the drivers for your machine's sound card.