Thread: Uninstalling ATI drivers leads to no display

Uninstalling ATI drivers leads to no display

Hi all,

A few days back, I was dual monitoring using my lcd monitor to my hdtv. LCD was linked using dvi and my tv using hdmi.. There are two graphic cards on my computer and both are ATI Radeons. Out of which one is ATI Radeon 4200HD series and other one is PCI slot ATI Radeon 5600HD series.

All the things were working without any problem but there was a slight lag while playing the game that was irritating me. I searched for this on internet and on one of the forum; they said that I have to to the things mentioned below:
    1. Change the settings for the tv on game mode.
    2. On the graphic card I have to turn off the vsync.

I did the same thing. I did the first one but when I was trying the second then I was not able to open the graphics cards “menu”. I reported that back to them and they told me that I have to uninstall and install the driver again to fix this issue. I did the same but that does not solve the issue. One of my friends told me that I have to install the 10.7 as the latest version have the problem with them. Then I downloaded the 10.7 version from internet and to install that when I uninstalled the 10.8 and booted then I was not able to get the display on my computer. Now I am helpless. Please guide me that what should I do?

Re: Uninstalling ATI drivers leads to no display

You should check whether you are able to see the BIOS setting before it goes blank. If it is showing you the BIOS settings and then goes blank as it goes to the Windows then you can try one thing. Just reboot your system and while it is getting booted then you have to continuously press the F8 button. This will open a new screen that will show you the option for the safe mode. Select that option from the keyboard arrow and press Enter. This will start your computer in safe mode. From safe mode you can use the system restore facility that will restore the system to last well functioning state. Again reboot your computer to normal windows mode and this time it will start without any problem and will solve the problem for you.

Sorry to hear about this. The problem may be with the video cable that you are using. To see whether the problem is with the video cable or not, you should change the video cable with the new one. You will easily get that in any of the computer hardware shop. It will also not cost much. If after changing the video cable, you are getting the same issue then you should check the adapter which is used between computer and the cable. It should not be lose. Before taking any big decision, you should check for all these basic things that can create problems.

It is rightly suggested that you can try to restore the system and this may solve the issue. If that is not able to solve the problem then there may be problem with the display driver that is installed in your computer. Just uninstall the display driver and install that again. Reboot your system and see whether problem persist or not and if the issue is still there then you can search for the latest driver available for the display. Download that and install it on your computer. This will definitely solve the issue for you it is because of the display driver issue.