Thread: Black Ops Massive Lag Solved

Black Ops Massive Lag Solved

I think that the issue with the Call of Duty Black Ops is really rising high. I do not think that yet I have seen any solution related to the issues that have come up till date. I need to have the solution for the lagging issues that I am facing with the Black Ops on the PC of mine. I have seen that it usually lags a lot on the PC whenever I try to start the game or I proceed with the game further. I have seen that the games lag at the situation like the crawl. I have seen that the games start to lag when the player is in the quiet areas of the game. Please let me know regarding how can I fix this issue at the earliest. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Black Ops Massive Lag Solved

I have even seen the same issue with the game and I think that the situation is lot similar to the one that was in the Modern Warfare 2. Really I have seen this issue rising and I have never seen this issue decreasing. I think that Activision and Treyarch should really come up with some useful solutions so that we can have the perfect thing for us. In addition to that I have also seen that the game just keeps on crashing and will be happy if they can come up with some solid remedy in this situation. I have my friends that also complaint about the similar issue and I think that there is really something wrong in the game. Well for help in this matter you can wait for the other members to turn up.

It will be really great if you can have the specification of your system checked. I am sure that you must have seen that before but just have a look at the specifications and see if you are not missing on any single issue. I have the specification with me and please have a look at that:
    • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
    • RAM: 2GB
    • VGA: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better
    • DX: DirectX 9.0c
    • HDD: 12GB
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

If at all you are using the Windows 7 as the Operating System then I would suggest you to have 4 GB RAM instead of the mentioned 2 GB and see if the Lag Issues can be overcome. Reason behind this is that the Windows 7 requires a lot of Ram and at the same time the Game requires it and hence it will be better if you can have some extra amount and see if that can help.

If you are using the Black Ops Disk then you can have the following procedure to handle the Lag Issues with the game. Here are the steps below and I am sure that this will help you to rectify the current issue of the game.
    1. First go to your computer, and search for the files of the COD Black Ops disc
    2. On the disc you will be able to find a folder called Resources.
    3. In that folder you will be able to find another folder having the name redist
    4. In that you will see vcredist_x86.exe, just run that file
    5. After that successfully runs then you can go into the DirectX folder and run the DXSETUP.exe
    6. At last you will be required to restart the system

After the system restarts just try to play the game and I am sure that you will not have the lag issue with the Game anymore.

Well the solution that has been given above is only for the users that have the Black Ops CD with them and if you are using the Game without the CD then the procedure is somewhat different. You will have to go to the following location:- C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\redist . After that you will be required to run the vcredist_x86.exe file that is available there. Then you will have to search for the DirectX folder and run the DXSETUP.exe. At the end you will be required to restart the system. After the restart I am sure that you will have the Lag issue cleared. In addition to that if you do not see that helping you then you can post the issue that you are coming up in the next post of yours.

I am of the opinion that the steam process is executing and that can be the probable reason for the lag issue that you have encountered with the game. Just try to end the process in the manner that I am suggesting:
    • First run the steam in the Offline Mode
    • Then Start the Call of Duty Black Ops
    • After that you will be require to return to the Windows by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons
    • After that just end the steam.exe process. Hope that can help in fixing the lag issue with the Game. In addition to that if you want you can try another method so that you can come out of this lagging issue. Here are the steps for the same.
    • First open the Windows TaskManger by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete button.
    • Then after that you will be required to set Black Ops to HIGH priority
    • Once you set the Black Ops to HIGH priority then you will have to set steam.exe to LOW priority

See if that can work in your favor.