Thread: NFS Hot Pursuit stuck at car select

NFS Hot Pursuit stuck at car select

The title for this thread is enough to clear the problem with this game. I have installed the game on my computer. There was no problem while installing the game and it get installed properly. But the problem came when I started to play the game. I double clicked on the icon for this from desktop and it gets started and opened the main menu. I selected the car for this and as I pressed enter then it just crashes the game and I was not able to do anything after that. The only option left after that is to restart the computer. It happens every time when I select the car.

When I run this game on win ME compatibility mod then it allows playing the game but there also it crashes at random race. Below is the configuration for the computer that I am using:
    • intel core quad CPU Q6600 2.4 GHz
    • 4 Gig of Ram
    • 64 bit operating system
    • nvidia 9800gt 1gig memory

Re: NFS Hot Pursuit stuck at car select

There may be some application that is running in the background of your system and that is conflicting the memory and that is why the game crashes. To see that you have to close or disable all the background applications from your system. Especially virus, trojan and spyware scanners. Close the messaging utilities if there is any. I hope this will solve the issue for you.

This may be the problem with the virus attack on your computer. There are certain viruses that can corrupt the files in your system for the game and causing the crash of the game when it is needs to load that file. I would like to recommend you to scan your entire system with a good antivirus. Make sure that the virus definition is up to date otherwise it will not detect many of the viruses in your system. Clean all the corrupted files that are detected and if that is not able to clean that then you can also remove that but make sure that it is not a OS file or file from the game installation folder. This can resolve the issue.

Have you checked for the drivers that are installed in your system? It may be the driver that is not working properly and causing the problem. Just check for the drivers for the graphics card, sound card, network card and also other related drivers in your system. Uninstall the driver and install that again to see whether that solves the issue. If it solve then it is fine and if you found that the problem still persist then you can search for the latest driver available on internet. Download and install the update and this will clear the issue if it is related to the driver.

I have the same problem. I guess there's been the same issue with people running on a quad core CPU. what you have to do is start the game, alt+tab, start task manager, go to NFS11.exe and right-click, set affinity, then only check CPU's 1 and 2. This is working for some people but I tried it and it does the same for me. Hope this works for you

The main thing that you should check out that your system has the minimum requirements for the system. If your system is not achieving the minimal requirements then it may cause the issues like this. Here I am listing the minimum configuration that your system must have to run the NFS hot pursuit.
    • Intel Core 2 DUO @ 1.6 GHz Processor
    • 1 GB Memory
    • 6 GB Free Hard Drive
    • NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT/ATI Radeon X1800 512 MB Video Memory
    • DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    • DirectX: 9.0c
    • Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7

This problem may also occur if you are using the pirated setup for NFS hot Pursuit. I would like to tell you that the pirated setup does not contain the all the files. It is possible that the setup gets completed properly but all the files are not loaded into it. And when you start to play the game and game needed that file then the system cannot locate that file and it crashes the game. If you wish to play this game without any problem then you can download the demo version of this and play it and if you want to have a full version then you must register yourself online and you will get the product key for that. Enter that key in the installed demo version this will make it a full version. Keep playing!!!