Thread: Unable to play Black Ops online and in the multiplayer mode

Unable to play Black Ops online and in the multiplayer mode

Hi I am using the wii gaming console from the last few months and it is serving me the best. Recently I have started playing the call of duty Black Ops game on it. It does fantastic when I play the game in the single mode and that to off line. But when I try to play it online and in the multiple player mode than it is not allowing me to do so. Actually it is unable to establish the connection itself. Whenever I select the multiple player mode and try to connect the server it gives me an error message saying that "Lost connection to host". I am not able to understand what the error is all about and also not being able to solve it. Please help me in this case to solve this error and also let me know why this error is occurring.

Re: Unable to play Black Ops online and in the multiplayer mode

Well you can sort this issue on your own. I think there is a definite problem with the internet connection of your. Because if there is no internet connection established than any particular game will not load on the server. As mentioned by you that you are getting the connection error message than you can try and do the connection test. The connection test will help you to know whether there is anything wrong with the connection of yours and also will let you to solve the issue. I hope that this will definitely help you to solve the issue

I think that there is something wrong with the gaming console that you are using, in this it is wii. History says that wii tends to give such error and you can’t help it. Many other users who are using wii are suffering from this issue. So what you have to do in this case file a complaint that you are not able to play online using this console. You have to complaint to the wii services and I hope that they will definitely help you in this case.

I have gone through you r problem and it seems to me that the router that you are using is blocking the connection. Now what you have to check here is that whether the router that you are using is not allowing you to have the access on the game or that particular site. Then you have to change the security settings of the router and make sure that the router allows you to have an access over it. I am sure that doing this will definitely help you to play the game.

First and the important thing in this case is that the speed of the internet. If you are getting the fastest speed then you will definitely able to pay the game in the multiplayer mode and the server will not kick you of. And if the speed is too low then the server will make you wait for minutes and later on it will give you the frustrating error messages. The only thing that you have to do in this case is that just check what speed you are getting if the speed is low then the server will never allow you to be in the list it will always kick you and will give others the chance with higher speed than you.

According to me you have to just check out with the server settings if there are any unwanted changes. Then you have to make the possible changes based on the game and also give that settings to the friend of you with whom you are trying to play the game. I hope that same settings will help you to connect easily and also will not give you any problems in future.

Hey does anyone have any clue about, joining a match with someone on your friends list on multiplayer online?
    All im getting is this " ERROR" The game versions are incompatible for online play in this mode."
    And no one else is able to join me. Does anyone have answers please?
    Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by stmichael View Post
    Hey does anyone have any clue about, joining a match with someone on your friends list on multiplayer online?
    All im getting is this " ERROR" The game versions are incompatible for online play in this mode."
    And no one else is able to join me. Does anyone have answers please?
    Thanx!
    Actually, its a bug issue, so what you need to do is just download and apply the patch that is being released from Steam. After applying the patch, check whether you are facing the same problem or not. If this is not a genuine copy of Black Ops that you are having then perhaps, it is giving you errors because you have to join a dedicated server on Steam which requires validations.

If you are getting this error than it clearly says that there is the compatibility issue on your system. The thing here is that if the game is not compatible with the system then it will not allow playing in one or the other mode. In your case you are able to play the single player but unable to play in multiple player mode, you can solve this issue by installing the latest version of the same game. Make sure that this time you install the compatible version on your system that will not give you such errors.